• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincinnati Comic Expo Sig Opportunities - Moore , Heath , Bellman , Anderson

265 posts in this topic

Tony Moore

(WALKING DEAD, FEAR AGENT – TONY HAS BEEN VERY ELUSIVE AT COMIC APPEARANCES. THIS IS YOUR ONLY SIG SERIES OPPURTUNITY SINCE LAST YEAR’S WIZARD’S SHOW IN CHICAGO AND YOUR ONLY OPPORTUNITY THIS YEAR. DON’T MISS OUT!)

Tony is a small-town guy from Kentucky, raised by a pack of wild televisions. He has been a fan of comics before he could read, and seldom dreamed of becoming anything other than a comic book illustrator.

He has been in the business since 1999, when he started work on Battle Pope. Since then, he has lent his hands to books such as Masters of the Universe, Brit, the Eisner Award-nominated series The Walking Dead, and his own creator-owned books Fear Agent and The Exterminators

:applause:

Any chance of getting a sketch done on the submitted book?

Tony Moore

(WALKING DEAD, FEAR AGENT – TONY HAS BEEN VERY ELUSIVE AT COMIC APPEARANCES. THIS IS YOUR ONLY SIG SERIES OPPURTUNITY SINCE LAST YEAR’S WIZARD’S SHOW IN CHICAGO AND YOUR ONLY OPPORTUNITY THIS YEAR. DON’T MISS OUT!)

Tony is a small-town guy from Kentucky, raised by a pack of wild televisions. He has been a fan of comics before he could read, and seldom dreamed of becoming anything other than a comic book illustrator.

He has been in the business since 1999, when he started work on Battle Pope. Since then, he has lent his hands to books such as Masters of the Universe, Brit, the Eisner Award-nominated series The Walking Dead, and his own creator-owned books Fear Agent and The Exterminators

+1

Tony Moore

Not a very high chance.

There will be 0 Tony Moore sketch opportunities on books. Tony does not like to sketch on books and on a rare occassion he will for friends or people he knows well. In this situation there will not be any requests. I guess better to be blunt and get it out of the way here.

That said, Tony has not been to a show in quite awhile with the new addition to his family and his workload, so this could be it for some time (just a guess!)

Okay....I spoke with Josh Medors today and he'll be coming down for the show. I will also be accepting a very limited number of blank sketch covers to be completed by Josh before the show. I will post on this shortly as well.

Just an FYI also...

I am getting bombarded with questions about this event! While I am just the CAW at this show and not a facilitator, I will try to answer questions here publically to keep from having to reply to so many PMs...

Graded books can be cracked, blue label or yellow label. All books are going to CGC to be processed first, so they can be cracked at CGC.

Remember, if you are sending a Walking Dead #1 9.8, it will fall under a different tier based on the value of the book.

I personally do not take the submissions from you the public. Just follow the instructions in the first post and Andy (Buck) will take care of the rest. My job is to insure that all signatures get completed and witnessed the day of the event.

Andy Bennett is one of my favorite "relatively unknown, always residing in artist alley" kind of people - I get a sketch from him pretty much at every single show I go to :cloud9:

He is so good. So is Aikins. He goes cartoony because that is what everyone expects because of all his work on Nickelodeon books. But he is very very skilled.

IMG00273-20090916-2124.jpg

Okay..I don't want to start a new thread so here is the Murphy Anderson signing details.

Murphy Anderson

In an effort to raise funds for Josh Meoders cancer treatment I have arranged a private signing with Murphy prior to the show for the CGC Signature Series. As with all the CGC private signings at the show each book signed will incur a fee. As of now, this is the only way to obtain a CGC Signature Series by Murphy Anderson at the Expo.

The number of slots for this signing will be very limited and will have a strict limit of 1 book per person. I have available 20 slots. If these 20 slots are not claimed by this time tomorrow then I will open it up for multiples starting at 9:00pm eastern time.

Again, he will be signing for fans in general and I do not anticipate him charging for signatures. The show will impose a 3 book limit per person.

QUESTION:

How many slots are available for the boards?

ANSWER:

Twenty

QUESTION:

How many slots can each person get?

ANSWER:

One for the first 24 hours.

QUESTION:

Can you get Murphy to sketch for me?

ANSWER:

No. Rumor has that he will be doing a blank sketch cover to be donated into the charity auction. WOW!

QUESTION:

Can I send this in with my other books for the show?

ANSWER:

Yes.

QUESTION:

Will you crack blue and yellow labels.

ANSWER:

Yes, this will be done at CGC prior to mailing the books to the CAW.

TO PARTICIPATE:

1) Email a complete list of all your books (Murphy, Moore, Heath, Bellman, Uslan, Medors, etc…) for the signature series label to: andrew@cincinnaticomicexpo.com

2) Prep your books

3) Mail the books to CGC indicating they are for the Cincinnati Comic Expo. Books must be received at CGC no latter than SEPTEMBER 8, 2010.

The address to mail them to is:

CGC SUBMISSION CENTER

P.O. BOX 4738

SARASOTA FL 34230

ATTN: JOE PIERSON

3) Send payment immediately to: andrew@cincinnaticomicexpo.com. If we do not receive payment prior to the EXPO your books will not be signed. Sorry.

It is that simple!

AGAIN … The books must be received at CGC no latter than SEPTEMBER 8, 2010. We will also be able to take submissions at the show on a limited basis. Please notify us prior to the EXPO.

MURPHY RATES:

Modern (Books from 1980 to present):

$32 plus $5 donation = $37.00

Ecnomy (Max Value $300 each book):

$45 plus $5 donation = $50.00

Standard (Max Value $1,000 each book):

$65 plus $5 donation = $70.00

Express (Max Value $3,000 each book):

$95 plus $5 donation = $100.00

SHIPPING(CGC RATES):

1 book - $14

2 books - $16