• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15% OFF ADORABLE ARCHIES Plus RARE WAU WRAPPERS ODDBALLS FREEBIES ADDED

94 posts in this topic

I bought most of these books about 7 years ago. These books were the ones that were unsold at Candy stores/magazine stands at the end of the 50's, and were returned to the distributor for credit.

There was an eBay seller selling the books on Long Island. He had a client who owned the distributor's warehouse and he was given the books to sell. Luckily I was able to go in person and he let me pick out books from the stacks, so I was able to pick out some of the nicest copies. I had a lot of fun, got a lot of neat books and sold most of them to pay for other ones that I kept.

There were multiple copies of some issues and only one or two of others. The books I have here, are some of the ones I put aside to keep for my collection. I have a few more copies of 5 or 6 issues, but for the most part, the comics I have here were the ones with only a few copies at the warehouse or sometimes only 1.

It's always been hard to grade these because of the distributor's ink. Some have more ink, some have less...so little that there is just a tinge of green on the edge. The really nice thing about these books is that they have perfect color and gloss,pages are at least off/white and in most cases will be white... they have been preserved in the dark for 50 years or so, and they of course have no restoration. Some are not perfectly flat, either from binding strings, or from just being on the floor on top of other books.

To make things easier, I'm going to just call them all “good” or 2.0...but they are the NICEST looking books you will ever find in “Good” condition.

For most of the books, I am using the straight Overstreet Good price as the Bin. I went up $2.00 on a few and down $2.00 on a few more and quite a bit on the Giant Size #6..

.PMs are welcome, but 1st :takeit: Here or in a PM wins..

Shipping is $3.00 for up to 5 regular books or 3 giants shipped boxed media in the US or $5.00 for up to 20 books and if you buy more than 20, I'll pay for shipping. Price includes tracking and I have private insurance I pay for, so that's included too.

Out of the U.S. Shipping is my exact cost.

I accept Money Orders, Checks or Paypal. Returns for any reason, just let me know within 3 days if you have a concern about your order.

I'm just doing front covers on these...but I will gladly scan the back if someone needs it.

Archie

#99 $9.00

#103 $5.00

#104 $5.00

#109 $5.00

#110 $5.00 (ink on back is about the same as the front)

#111 $5.00

:takeit: My daughter will love having some of these from the 50's

John B.

Sold, thank you, John...more in a minute:) (worship)

That's a wonderful era for betty and veronica, story-wise and the 54 and 55 are such a great value because Overstreet for no reason drops the price from $19 through #50 to just $9 for 51, etc. Makes no sense.

Hi Marc! :hi: They are charming...and some are really very GGA ish:)

Archie's Pal Jughead

#38 $7.00 (very nice, but there is some paper missing on the right edge)

#52 $7.00 Sold!

#53 $5.00 (no ink, probably not a warehouse book)

#57 $5.00

#60 $5.00 (a little more ink on the back than the front)

Archies' Pal Jughead

Annual

#7 $19.00 Sold!

#8 $19.00 Sold!

jughead530001.jpg

jughead600001.jpg

jughead570001.jpg

jugheadan80001.jpg