• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Anybody else know of the two Amazing Spider-Man newspaper giveaways from the 90s that were given out around Halloween time?

I have searched for years and haven't found one. I believe they were two anyway, I think one had the Rhino on the cover.

There was more than just the Spiderman. I have the whole set x2 I will take pics of them all tomorrow.

Anybody else know of the two Amazing Spider-Man newspaper giveaways from the 90s that were given out around Halloween time?

I have searched for years and haven't found one. I believe they were two anyway, I think one had the Rhino on the cover.

There was more than just the Spiderman. I have the whole set x2 I will take pics of them all tomorrow.

(worship)

I will be holding you to that!

Received an item today that I've been looking for for a few years now. I see there is someone selling them for $125, but that's more than what I was willing to pay. Ebay has not had one all this time, then a couple weeks ago 2 show up at the same time. I picked up one.

See if you can come across one.

Genus #2 (Sept. 1993) (Adult only)

First Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise published work.

http://strangersinparadise.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=796

I've known about this book for a while now. I picked up a run of 1-8 around 3 years ago. Grades are 9.4+. nice grab on a super tough series (thumbs u

(worship)

Is the first issue an AF 15 cover reprint?

Picked this up over the weekend for $20. Still sealed. :)

xmen-game.jpg

It's still in transit, but the front looks like it says "comic book OFFER inside". I wonder if the book is actually in there, or if it's a mail away.... SURE hope it's the prior!

The books that were offered inside the box were UXM 303, UXM 307 and X-Men 11. The mail away form could have landed you any one of those or UXM 297. From what I understand, the 297 was only available via the mail in coupon. I'm still not sure if you were guaranteed one of the books in the box. Let us know how it turns out!

Arrived today... Had X-Men 307 inside in fantastic condition. No idea what it's really worth... The BiN on the only copy on ebay is $55. Apparently it's one of the harder to locate?

I thought it was a 9.8, but after scanning it, I noticed what looks like a printer crinkle along the top edge. Not sure if CGC would ding for that nor not. It's almost imperceptible in hand; almost like it was there prior to printing...

The pics are hotlinks to bigger scans if you're curious.

press_f_307s.jpgpress_b_307s.jpg

Like I said in the other thread... :applause::applause::applause:

I also found a high grade X-Men #295 Pressman variant when I was at the storage unit the other day. So it looks like I have both the #295 and #303 variants. :)

(worship)

Na, those were given out in Sunday papers back in '06.

I have almost all of those... actually, I really need to complete that set.

http://www.samruby.com/Series/Newspaper/CollectibleSeries/collectibleseries.htm

xmen-game.jpg

It's still in transit, but the front looks like it says "comic book OFFER inside". I wonder if the book is actually in there, or if it's a mail away.... SURE hope it's the prior!

The books that were offered inside the box were UXM 303, UXM 307 and X-Men 11. The mail away form could have landed you any one of those or UXM 297. From what I understand, the 297 was only available via the mail in coupon. I'm still not sure if you were guaranteed one of the books in the box. Let us know how it turns out!

Arrived today... Had X-Men 307 inside in fantastic condition. No idea what it's really worth... The BiN on the only copy on ebay is $55. Apparently it's one of the harder to locate?

I thought it was a 9.8, but after scanning it, I noticed what looks like a printer crinkle along the top edge. Not sure if CGC would ding for that nor not. It's almost imperceptible in hand; almost like it was there prior to printing...

I also found a high grade X-Men #295 Pressman variant when I was at the storage unit the other day. So it looks like I have both the #295 and #303 variants. :)

I think you mean #297, not #295

xmen-game.jpg

Nope...it's #295. It has the same Pressman game back cover.

xmen-game.jpg

Nope...it's #295. It has the same Pressman game back cover.

Hmm ... i'm sorry, but i was under the impression that there were only 4 pressman books; UXM 297, 303, and 307; X-men 11 (silver) ... there's a fifth? Can you provide a scan of the front and back just so i'm clear? :grin:

IIRC, all the Pressman books have the original cover art but with gold metallic incorporated, or some other variation since they were technically reprints. I can find no record of any alternate covers for #295

If there was a #295 Pressman, no one else seems to know about it.

http://stlcomics.com/cover_gallery/categories.php?cat_id=348

Edited by sl4ppy

IIRC, all the Pressman books have the original cover art but with gold metallic incorporated.

If there was a #295 Pressman, no one else seems to know about it.

http://stlcomics.com/cover_gallery/categories.php?cat_id=348

That is my knowledge as well - hence the request for the scan...

Well, you guys tell me...here's what I've got:

X-Men295NMPressmanVariant.jpg

X-Men295NMPressmanVariantback.jpg

If I understand correctly, the back cover is just an ad for the game that ran on different books. To be a Pressman variant, there has to be some difference in the front cover (different color lettering, gold, etc) to differentiate it from the regular book.

Here is a google image search for Uncanny Xmen 295. All the covers are the same.

UXM 295 Cover

The cover search for 297 shows the yellow wording and the red

UXM 297 Cover

(worship)

Sorry so late, posted these before.

scan0086-1.jpg

scan0087-1.jpg

scan0088-1.jpg

scan0089.jpg

scan0090.jpg

scan0091.jpg

scan0092.jpg

scan0093.jpg

That's the regular cover.

So there's regular front cover issues with the Pressman game back covers? (shrug)

True Pressman variants have Pressman ads on the interior as well, Mike.

(worship)

Sorry so late, posted these before.

scan0087-1.jpgscan0091.jpg

Those are them! THANK YOU!

What do they usually run for?

Edited by vacantpassenger