• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

I used to have what was referred to as the "Blue Wolverine Hologram" Wolverine issue 75 with an all-blue hologram (not gold/green like the original). I had it back in the 90's when I had my shop - it was like a sideshow thing, people would come in and check it out, mostly because no one had ever heard of it, or seen another one around, and it wasn't for sale. To this day, there is not a single reference to it anywhere that I have ever found.

Eventually, I did surmise that it was more than likely a make-ready that snuck it's way through the bindery process, bad hologram and all. There were registration issues on the inside of the book as well that clued me into that once I learned more about the printing/prepress process. I ended up giving it away to my number 1 Wolverine customer when I sold my shop and got rid of all my stock.

Would love to see something like that in person.

I kind of miss having the book, and CGC seems to assign value to make-ready books, so I might have had something perceived by others as quite valuable.

Would love to see something like that in person.

I kind of miss having the book, and CGC seems to assign value to make-ready books, so I might have had something perceived by others as quite valuable.

I know how you feel. I have a book ... this (circa 2003, yes i know this is about the 90's, just as an example)

100_0782.jpg

And from time to time i have considered trading it .. but i know i would regret it for all eternity ... it's a book i'll never ever ever see again. it's that tough.

Ok, ok. I think i'm getting the picture that it's not that tough ... oh well. I tried.

No, it is that tough. I've never found one but I know someone who has a copy and would love to have one. This board has lots of people who have crazy rare books-bump the modern AHTF thread-that is the highest (and only?) graded copy right?

Yes, but it won't be for much longer. I know of another one in process right now ... mine, i just sent to CGC without pressing or clean up. If i cracked it and sent it to Joey, i could prolly squeeze another couple of points out of it....

Received an item today that I've been looking for for a few years now. I see there is someone selling them for $125, but that's more than what I was willing to pay. Ebay has not had one all this time, then a couple weeks ago 2 show up at the same time. I picked up one.

See if you can come across one.

Genus #2 (Sept. 1993) (Adult only)

First Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise published work.

http://strangersinparadise.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=796

I just picked up one of these off eBay, didn't know anything about it until I saw your post, so thanks for the tip. (thumbs u

Pics or it didn't happen.

Genus2.jpg

Genus #2 is a tough, tough book - I brought one to get signed by Moore at NYCC, and he said he didn't even have a copy in his own collection.

This one is pretty rare as well - Hit the Beach 93, which has Terry Moore's first published work:

hit-the-beach-1.jpg

And the deluxe version of the same book:

hit-the-beach-1-deluxe.jpg

Received an item today that I've been looking for for a few years now. I see there is someone selling them for $125, but that's more than what I was willing to pay. Ebay has not had one all this time, then a couple weeks ago 2 show up at the same time. I picked up one.

See if you can come across one.

Genus #2 (Sept. 1993) (Adult only)

First Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise published work.

http://strangersinparadise.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=796

I just picked up one of these off eBay, didn't know anything about it until I saw your post, so thanks for the tip. (thumbs u

Pics or it didn't happen.

Genus2.jpg

Genus #2 is a tough, tough book - I brought one to get signed by Moore at NYCC, and he said he didn't even have a copy in his own collection.

This one is pretty rare as well - Hit the Beach 93, which has Terry Moore's first published work:

hit-the-beach-1.jpg

And the deluxe version of the same book:

hit-the-beach-1-deluxe.jpg

So awesome Mike .. so awesome.

How about shamans tears 1 platinum?

Tough book. I only have one, and it's a touch mangled.

Also, Shadowhawk #1 White Variant.

All the news stands are pretty tough, except union

Ive got another, but i dont even know if its real. Spawn 1 2nd print. In a lot of american entertainment ads from 92/93 they advertise it, but ive never seen/heard of one.