• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Found this bad boy today for a buck!

mos18001.jpg

You don't let the grass grow under your feet! :headbang: Good luck with the auction.

Gotta do what you gotta do! :grin:

Wait... when did this book start heating up?

5th print. :gossip:

I wanted to ask, what are the toughest Marvel books from the 90's. Not rare promo's and variants but actual regular issues. After the big comic bust in the early 90's the print runs on some titles were really low, much lower than demand for those issues now.

I'm talking about stuff such as the last few issues of Transformers, G.I Joe, Conan, etc. Hell even ASM in the early to mid 400's had a low print run in relation to current demand that some of these books often go for over $20 each.

I wanted to ask, what are the toughest Marvel books from the 90's. Not rare promo's and variants but actual regular issues. After the big comic bust in the early 90's the print runs on some titles were really low, much lower than demand for those issues now.

I'm talking about stuff such as the last few issues of Transformers, G.I Joe, Conan, etc. Hell even ASM in the early to mid 400's had a low print run in relation to current demand that some of these books often go for over $20 each.

Great question. Are there any? Probably not, but others could probably tell you more.

The first two are undergrounds. They are not listed in Overstreet, but if you can get a copy of Fogel's it will give you some basics. The last is an Avatar Faust book. It is a 1/2 issue and was issued in 2000.

The first two are undergrounds. They are not listed in Overstreet, but if you can get a copy of Fogel's it will give you some basics. The last is an Avatar Faust book. It is a 1/2 issue and was issued in 2000.

Thanks! Any idea on value? I'll have to look into fogel's

Thanks! Any idea on value? I'll have to look into fogel's

The Artistic Comics is a first printing, sells for about $10. The Big Apple Comix is also a first printing, will sell for about $10 as well. Nothing major, but they're kind of cool.

Thanks Guys! I know alot about mainstream but the underground stuff i have no clue lol. I'm gonna have to track down a copy of fogel's i do have alot of underground and adult comics. I went looking for the Genus #2 thought i had it but no... Lowest issue i have is 16... Now Since this thread I have to look at all my dollar books again to see if i have any of these rare printings I'm sure i just threw em in there cause you know not that long ago anything other than 1st print was considered worthless

This is NOT the absolute hardest to find 90's book.

BUT... if you can find one, you should grab it when you see it.

Eternal Warrior #27 triple-signed with a COA from Valiant Validated Signature Series

(Last sale today 7/7/2012 for $353)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370627242538

VVSSeternalwarrior27.jpg

VVSSeternalwarrior27cert.jpg

Nice.

How many copies of the Turok #1 VVSS with the Second Life of Dr. Mirage #1 VVSS coupon have ever turned up? I know I sold one on your Valiant board about 10 years ago and one of the other boardies said he had one as well.

:gossip: Mines on the bay right now (better than that one)

Regarding Batman #497 -- The first, second, and third prints all have the overlay; the easiest way to tell is to look under the overlay. The second print has "II" on it, and the third print has "III" on it.

More info:

1st Print: Batman logo in Red with a White Background

2nd Print: Batman logo in Red with a Yellow Background

3rd Print: Batman logo in Yellow with a Red Background

Only 8 2nd prints in CGC 9.8, and here's the only 3rd Print in 9.8 (next highest is a 9.2):

aa27.jpg

aa28.jpg

Regarding Batman #497 -- The first, second, and third prints all have the overlay; the easiest way to tell is to look under the overlay. The second print has "II" on it, and the third print has "III" on it.

More info:

1st Print: Batman logo in Red with a White Background

2nd Print: Batman logo in Red with a Yellow Background

3rd Print: Batman logo in Yellow with a Red Background

Only 8 2nd prints in CGC 9.8, and here's the only 3rd Print in 9.8 (next highest is a 9.2):

aa27.jpg

aa28.jpg

I just picked up 9 copies of the 1st printing of Batman #497 pretty cheap in an online auction. Hopefully, they're all 9.6/9.8 candidates. :wishluck:

Anyone know much about the last issues of Transformers? How low was the low print runs on the last few books? Are they actually that hard to find...or not?