• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLACKEST NIGHT

12 posts in this topic

I need some feedback from my fellow boardies on this one...

I held off on reading Blackest Night because Im tired of the sheer number of individual issues that mega events like this consist. I have gone strictly HCs for the last couple of years for my comic fulfillment.

1. By the time that the HC is released there is enough feedback on whether it was good or not.

2. I save the dollars.

3. I have the whole story arc in one or two books without the tease of waiting 4 weeks for the next book (hopefully no delays...yeah right).

So my question to you (readers of GL Universe), I only intended to collect Blackest Night, BN: Green Lantern, BN: Green Lantern Corps. Is there any other essential books that I need to get that is pertinent to this storyline?

BN: Black Lantern Corps Vol I

BN: Black Lantern Corps Vol II

BN: Tales of the Corps (seems like a good read)

BN: Rise of the Black Lanterns

(shrug)

None of the other minis matter to the series just the main GL stuff :) Though IMO the batman & wonder woman BN minis were pretty damned decent :D . How ever I wouldn't suggest reading this at all if you don't read the main GL & GLC series regularly ...

By the way, Im strictly a Marvel U fan, I only jumped onboard the GL ever since I read Sinestro Corps War. Have been hooked since. Ive picked up all the HCs since then.

So I have no real DC background, except for what might be considered "common" knowledge of the Universe.

Thx!

None of the other minis matter to the series just the main GL stuff :) Though IMO the batman & wonder woman BN minis were pretty damned decent :D . How ever I wouldn't suggest reading this at all if you don't read the main GL & GLC series regularly ...

So I should stick to what I listed as the books I was going to get... right?

Yup if you have already all the other GL & GLC stuff then go for it :) Since you know nothing about the characters I'd avoid the wonder woman & batman & other minis BN books then ...

They are pretty much just like how marvel does & slaps the title on all the books when they do an event. I pretty well stick with marvel as well I only really read GL for dc you made a good choice on that one :) I read the odd other stuff but don't really tend to stick with it ...

If you want to read other dc books I'd suggest superman new krypton :) Its a nice fun read... so far :D I'm reading it in HC format though so I've only read what has been put out thus far

Just stick with the three that you mentioned. The Batman BN was okay, and the Superman BN mini was so-so as well. I enjoyed the Phantom Stranger one-shot, but since I am a long time fan of the character I was just glad to see him back again.

I stuck to reading the Blackest Night Mini and Green Lantern and had no problem following the storyline. I agree with kimik, The Phantom Stranger one shot rocked!

Is this a reprint of the GL issues or BN #1-8?

If you want to get the history leading up to BN, start with the main GL title HCs from the Sinestro Corps war to the BN run. This will give you the background to BN, introduction to the whole spectrum concept, and the introductions of Atrocitus, Larfleeze and the Blue Lanterns.