• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this price for real?

16 posts in this topic

Well I think that the actual buyer is legit, he might have gotten shilled up to $450 but it looks like he was willing to pay for it. So maybe the book should have went for around 286 ish. But I agree there are a lot of Steranko fans around, hey Im one, and though I havent checked the census or the GPA Im willing to bet this puppy hasnt come up much in HG very often.

The buyer is the man formerly known as Mrahome, so he's legit.

Another crazy closing price today.

The buyer is the man formerly known as Mrahome, so he's legit.

Another crazy closing price today.

Ah, the legendary "Mrahome"--so it looks like overseas money was active in this auction. I've got a sharp unslabbed copy of this book that I'd never even considered sending in because it wasn't worth the time or expense, but now... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That issue is the only one missing from my run from that series. I believe Heritage had one too on the past Amazing Auction--went for about the same price I believe.

That one is on my 'to buy' list....sometime...

Paging greggy: SELL your 9.6 (9.8?) for $1000+. Cash in now before the Crash hits. With Bizarro prices like this, the Crash is bound to happen. thumbsup2.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif Nah....I actually like my 9.8 so it stays. I can rape the sheep by selling them lesser books! 893whatthe.gif

Greggy in a Marvel conversation gossip.gif hes becoming a closet Zombie, oh well I guess you were called out on this one - you don't need that 9.8 Greggy its only a M-A-R-V-E-L comic after all..... hi.gif Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah......Baaaaaaaahh

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Nah....I actually like my 9.8 so it stays. I can rape the sheep by selling them lesser books! 893whatthe.gif

Hey bro, listen to me. Throw it on Comiclink with a $2500 price tag. What have you got to lose? confused.gif

My book! I actually like that book! cloud9.gif

Not to harp on your stubborn grip over your books(it's admirable from a collecting point of view) but this seems like a golden opportunity to cash in. Sell while there are very few available, and pick it up later when more surface. I'm sure some people are "suiting up" their copies for grading as we speak, after seeing this price.