• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Alpha Flight return

12 posts in this topic

It seems like Marvel and DC are obsessed with doing "resurrecting heroes" stories at the moment. It's all a bit silly but I'll probably buy the upcoming mini series that reunites the surviving members of Alpha Flight with the ...... ummm ..... non surviving members of Alpha Flight. If nothing else, it should be nostalgic.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/chaos-war-alpha-flight-100817.html

Is it weird that I'm Canadian and I'm not very interested in Alpha Flight? I may be biased as my favorite character is Captain America. lol

But seriously, I need characters on Alpha Flight that will make me care about the book and also make me appreciate being Canadian, you know? I think I got a sense of how the comic world views Canadian superheroes when Bendis killed all of them off panel in New Avengers.

You are right in that they were killed with little to no fanfare in a throwaway panel to a character that did not matter. It was embarrassing really.

I know, right? It was pathetic. If there was at least one Canadian working for Marvel in that office, I'm sure someone would have said something to somebody and it could have been handled completely differently.

Totally a disappointment when it comes to Canadian superheros. We have Wolverine who most people seemed to time and time again forget is a Canuck AND aside from Alpha Flight we've been blessed with the first openly gay superhero, Northstar (thumbs u

Thanks Marvel, we know where the loves at :insane:

:popcorn: WE should take bets on how long it takes them or the comic to die :)I'm betting both by #10 :roflmao: The only thing alpha flight has ever been good for is killing off for shock & humor value because you know its going to happen at some point

You are right in that they were killed with little to no fanfare in a throwaway panel to a character that did not matter. It was embarrassing really.

I know, right? It was pathetic. If there was at least one Canadian working for Marvel in that office, I'm sure someone would have said something to somebody and it could have been handled completely differently.

I am sure many will argue but it could have at least meant something. There have been a few 'deaths' in comics that have elevated the character (The Flash and Ted Kord). This was just a pathetic attempt at shocking and audience and did nothing to even push the story forward. Personally I found it frustrating.