• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BCE Product Line for Mylar Sleeves, etc..

11 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on his backing board and micropaper? He puts charcoal in the boards..

The BCE Thin-X-Tenders are identical to the Gerber Half-backs.

The BCE Time-X-Tenders are identical to the Gerber Full-backs.

The Gerber boards are about half the price, though.

The BCE Life-X-Tenders are the only boards with the activated charcoal that you speak of - I haven't used them myself, but I'd venture a guess that the effect is about the same as using a regular true acid-free backing board with a couple of sheets of microchamber paper.

The BCE Life-X-Tenders Plus (their version of microchamber paper) are absolute junk. They're 9 mil thick which causes undue stress on the staples and can damage your book.

Any thoughts on his backing board and micropaper? He puts charcoal in the boards..

Coles Life-X-Tenders Plus is not microchamber paper. He provides little documentation for its effectiveness. 9 mils thick means the possibility of mechanical stress on the staples.

He doesn't sell the charcoal boards anymore, unless he got a new supplier.

In the interest of full disclosure, I sell microchamber paper and Gerber mylars. But you can also get Mylar from Hotflips and direct from Gerber.