• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COUPLE OF SLABS COUPLE OF RAWS COUPLE OF BAD JOKES

33 posts in this topic

What about s&h for Canucks? I'm eye-balling that GL #85....

Postage is whatever it costs. I don't make money on shipping. Cost for Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope with lots of cardboard is what the cost is. Since you're an old boardie buddy, you might have an idea of the cost. $10 - $14 from memory. Maybe less.

Thanks SPIRIT! I'm thinking of it. My copy has an ugly yellow stain on the FC. Oddly enough, both copies I've owned had the same stain, at the same spot, and they came from 2 different people in 2 different countries....

My copy has an ugly yellow stain on the FC. Oddly enough, both copies I've owned had the same stain, at the same spot, and they came from 2 different people in 2 different countries....

That's like when folks thought for years only their copy of Daredevil 168 had a pen mark on the back cover. I'm sure they realized it was a printing defect after their third or forth book from different dealers.

That's like when folks thought for years only their copy of Daredevil 168 had a pen mark on the back cover. I'm sure they realized it was a printing defect after their third or forth book from different dealers.

Good thing you said that, I was about to ask for my money back. (:

What about s&h for Canucks? I'm eye-balling that GL #85....

Postage is whatever it costs. I don't make money on shipping. Cost for Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope with lots of cardboard is what the cost is. Since you're an old boardie buddy, you might have an idea of the cost. $10 - $14 from memory. Maybe less.

Thanks SPIRIT! I'm thinking of it. My copy has an ugly yellow stain on the FC. Oddly enough, both copies I've owned had the same stain, at the same spot, and they came from 2 different people in 2 different countries....

Don't see the yellow blob on this copy...

My copy has an ugly yellow stain on the FC. Oddly enough, both copies I've owned had the same stain, at the same spot, and they came from 2 different people in 2 different countries....

Don't see the printing error on my copy.

To my knowledge all copies of a book aren't printed by the same printer. It's done regionally. So all copies from a certain area of the country may have the same defect but it's unlikely that all copies nationwide would have that defect. Or at least that's the it was before Diamond came into existance.

Price Reductions

New Mutants #98 CGC 9.6 $140 $120

Fantastic Four Annual #1 CGC 4.0 (Early Spidey Appearance) $140 $120

Deadpool Merc With A Mouth #1 Convention Sketch Cover CGC 9.8 (Rare) $220 $190 First, last and only reduction before moving to Feebay.

Green Lantern #85 FN+ (Drug issue) Minor Printers crease front cover, two perforated lines (made by gears or pinwheels?) and 4 small holes in rear cover. $20

Green Lantern #86 VFish (Drug issue) Minor foxing $55 $40

Daredevil #168 VF $75 Front cover very nice, back cover minor dirtyness.

102943.jpg.a89614b552eded20caf139d4b3e18583.jpg

102944.jpg.ee99b1811d3153b951905e383db493b0.jpg

Don't see the printing error on my copy.

You are right Mark, in that only a certain portion of the print run had this pen mark on the back. It's in blue ink, so you cannot miss it.

Your copy definitely does not have it.

Are the indentations you speak of on the BC of GL #85 running through "HOT BIRDS"? If so, they look tears/scratches... I didn't notice them at first. Well, I'm going to have to re-consider now. I was about to pull the trigger.

I held the back cover up to light. It looks as if some serrated pair of wheels or gears was run across that area perforating the cover on the right mark only. There are four other holes that have become apparent. Two near the top right, two on the bottm right.

:frustrated:

Didn't think to hold back cover to light until you pointed that out. Price and grade reduced accordingly.