• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM JLA #14 Need Help

8 posts in this topic

I was considering sending this to CGC, but not sure how bad they will hammer it for the hole on the splash page! (shrug)

This is a beautiful copy. Nice and glossy.

The line on the back is tanning, not a stain

I also have a #5 thats just as nice with the same problem doh!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Was this book pressed? I mean it's pretty flat,looks good.Hard to say what CGC would grade with torn page.I'll go out on a limb and say 7.0,because the rest of the book looks pretty nice.Also it's hard to really grade this with this pic,so grade may vary with better pics. :wishluck:

Man, that tear is a big drop in grade. I would say 5.5. It's pretty nice looking, I would have given it a 7.0 if it weren't for the tear. Also, just because the book has a nice flat profile doesn't mean it's pressed. Stack storing can cause that as well. And the spine breaks are consistent with that as well.

That's a SWEET book and that small tear would not detour me one bit from wanting that in my collection. I would be fine receiving that as a 7.5 and possibly 8.0 if it is flaw free as it looks on my screen.

Small hunk out of bottom of page shouldn't drop it 2 whole points, doesn't even effect the story.

I'd be more concerned with that tan line on the back, it's looks like it was caused by moisture, it looks like a "high tide" mark. CGC may drop the book 2 whole points for that. I just bought a slabbed JIM, looks 9.0 from the front, on the back there are a few of those lines and what looks like whiter areas inside the lines where it must have been moist, and a real faint corner crease. CGC grade 5.0 for JIM, must be best looking 5 I've seen.