• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi. Can anyone tell me where I can order storage materials?

13 posts in this topic

Thanks. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you tell me which product you find best for large sized art? Is the 16.5 by 20.5 they advertise big enough? Is it best to store large art with both a myler and an acid free back board (any problems with doing it that way))?

For portfolios, I've found www.PENWA.com to be the cheapest, especially if you buy 6 at a time.

For DPS and larger items that won't fit into a standard 14X19 portfolio I purchased some mylars meant for newspapers. I forget where i got them, but they work perfectly. I don't have any backing in with them.

Mike

Hi,

I'm not sure what the "best" way is, but for large art, I use the 1422R (a bit bigger than 14" x 22" and I don't store it with a backing board. If the large art is on board, its not a problem, if its on paper, well you just have to be more careful.

I did buy mylar and board before I found e-gerber so I also use that, the size is similar.

Malvin

If it's common artwork like publshed art pages, you can buy bags, mylars and/or backing boards for support at places like Bill Cole or Bags Unlimited.

If it's a painting or larger, there's art supply stores that carry archival sleeves designed to hold larger and thicker pieces as well as those painted with oil or acrylic (so that they're preservation quality and the paint does not end up sticking to a mylar or plastic during storage). Easy to find at art supply stores too.

For portfolios, I've found www.PENWA.com to be the cheapest, especially if you buy 6 at a time.

For DPS and larger items that won't fit into a standard 14X19 portfolio I purchased some mylars meant for newspapers. I forget where i got them, but they work perfectly. I don't have any backing in with them.

Mike

What products on the PENWA site were you referring to?

Mike

What products on the PENWA site were you referring to?

Took me a bit to find them, and I knew exactly what I was looking for. They must have re-vamped their site recently for the worse. I haven't been in awhile since it takes quite a few months to fill 6 24page portfolios

I use the Evolution 13X19

But if anyone has any experience with the ringed binders I may be switching over to those depending on reviews

I've never had problems with traditional inked artwork sticking to mylars. I use the 3mm ridgid mylars, then I bag the mylars with a 3mm plastic bag and seal it to avoid any moisture or anything for the most part getting to the art, or even scratching the mylar, so it displays nicely and essentially mummifies the artwork.

Does it come with pages or just the portfolio?

The Itoya EV-12-13 Evolution Profolio comes with 24 pages (it's NOT a loose-leaf type) which holds 48 OA pages.

Anyone know where to find 4mil mylar bags for art print?