• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin Comic Con - 11/12/10 - 11/14/10

117 posts in this topic

sparse as in how many? Or sparse as in 'not alot of books? It will really be a dissapointment if the largest state can't put together a good show (or that wizard can't do a good show). Let all of us that are coming in for this show know what to expect, any news would be appreciated.

:gossip: Alaska is the largest

Richard (Bedrock) is set up with alot of great books. Steve Ritter has quality stuff and a ton of peds. Jamie Graham is here. Harley has his standard golden age books that he always does. Haven't talked with anyone else. These guys have quality stuff...everyone else, not so much. But hey, Buck Rogers and Wilma Deering are here man!

Went outside to get a better signal on my phone and was carpet bombed by a damned bird. No joke...my hat, and entire left shoulder and back was splattered. Don (Buffyfan) can vouch for me as I walked around for 15 minutes with krap on my hat before he called it to my attention. Thanks for having my back Don.

Sparse on the number of dealers.

Harley Yee is here, worldwide comics, bedrock, Graham crackers & maybe 10 other booths selling comics.

That doesn't really sound super promising when I have a 7 hour drive staring me in the face tomorrow morning, but I guess it only takes one dealer and the right books to make a con worthwhile. You just never know.

I'm back in my hotel room...

Now I look for specific books to fill orders for, almost all modern stuff, so I'm basing this off that.

I bought almost 200 books at Long Beach Comic Con two weekends ago. So far I've only bought 3.

:P

I'll be on the lookout for about a half dozen ASMs in the teens in 7.5-9.0 and pre-hero Marvels among other things. Hopefully there will be some of that for reasonable prices. I don't mind paying a bit of an "in hand" premium over net prices, but sometimes those deals are tough to come by.

Dre (or anyone else who is/was there today) - Any pictures from the con? hm

I have one picture (actually two of the same girl), but I'm worried about posting it. lol

Miss Ivy i'll wager. That girl needs to have a little more fear. It might have been LESS revealing if she had been totally naked. :)

Just got back from the show got Greg Land's auto and book gave me great deal, awesome to talk to, Erin Gray is beautiful and awesome, Lou Ferrigno on the other hand problably wont be coming to this show next year he did not look very happy :mad:, but did get a poster signed by him. Hell I've been to buffet's that were more crowded than this show, other that the girl that showed up half naked , I wasn't very excited.

Hell I've been to buffet's that were more crowded than this show, other that the girl that showed up half naked , I wasn't very excited.

I'm hoping that this was due to it being Friday, and isn't indicative of the show as a whole. I'm about to start the 7 hour drive out there in any event, so I'm :wishluck: that it doesn't completely suck. If anyone is there wandering around and wants to say hello I'll have on a black t-shirt with a big Comic Code stamp on it and will be carrying a poster tube (getting Billy Dee on my Revenge of the Jedi poster as the 5th cast auto alongside Prowse, Mayhew, Baker & Daniels).