• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Would Darryl have asked the little girl to hide while he tried to kill the 2 zombies? Would Shane?

Did you really think it was a bad idea? I think it was smart. Keep the girl safe, and keep her out of the way so you have the best chance of killing the two Zs. The only thing he could have done better was to give her a number to count to like 500 to keep her calm and quiet and to give him time to come back and get her after dispatching the Zs.

I know there is no way I could have come up with a better plan on the spur of the moment.

Renewed today for season 3.

Very cool, I wonder what kind of impact this will have on the book pricing.

Usually, I would say it's more than half way to syndication and that's where everything gets bank for down the road. But, these are 13 episode seasons, followed by half that last year. It's gonna be a while, maybe half a generation before we know what long term effects on pricing will yield. If you are talking right now, I basically see little or no change in current prices. Four to six months, might see a decline of interest from television fans who might have crossed over to the comics medium. You don't see them releasing Paranormal Activity 3 at Christmas do you, same with this property. Actually, they released Scream #1 around Christmas '96. hm It did poorly at first, but had legs to cross $100m. OK, we'll use Memorial Day. I think in the end, the #1 issue will retain most of it's current value and the others will drop off signifigantly. I remember in '04 when a #2 was actually worth more than a #1 in raw.

Usually, I would say it's more than half way to syndication and that's where everything gets bank for down the road. But, these are 13 episode seasons, followed by half that last year. It's gonna be a while, maybe half a generation before we know what long term effects on pricing will yield. If you are talking right now, I basically see little or no change in current prices. Four to six months, might see a decline of interest from television fans who might have crossed over to the comics medium. You don't see them releasing Paranormal Activity 3 at Christmas do you, same with this property. Actually, they released Scream #1 around Christmas '96. hm It did poorly at first, but had legs to cross $100m. OK, we'll use Memorial Day. I think in the end, the #1 issue will retain most of it's current value and the others will drop off signifigantly. I remember in '04 when a #2 was actually worth more than a #1 in raw.

The D.A.R (Dead Are Rising) Jones Average is up 150 points just today. It's an undead Bull market!!!!

None

Disagree. Depends on which issue you are asking about.

None

Disagree. Depends on which issue you are asking about.

buy on the rumor, sell on the news. haven't people been trying to hoarde the Michonne issue for months? now it's time to find the greater fool to sell them to.

There are other issues as well that are just starting to be hoarded. Although I usually agree with your statement doesn't it also depend a little on the character actually making an appearance?

To the average non-comic collector it's common sense to collect #1. As the show got more popular the price rose slightly. Unlike movies there is always the chance that the next episode will meet someone's expectations and drive up the price. Most had predicted prices would fall after the show started comparing it to comics inflated by movies. I've predicted since the beginning that I thought otherwise due mainly to my theory on why a comic is inflated prior to a movie and deflated upon its release.

For issue #19 since you mentioned it then isn't there a chance of the speculation gaining momentum until the episode with Michonne actually airs?

It really depends. How many characters from the floppy have made a positive transition to boob tube audiences so far, for increased prices on funny books? :shrug:

Add on the fact the actress has to be pitch perfect too, to create an "awareness" and need for anything Michonne.

So far, I haven't seen that with the actors so far. (Rick is OK, Dale and Glen have their moments, Darryl is the only one growing character wise for an audience connection, but unfortunately... he's not from the book)

Maybe Kirkman is telling us something as collectors. lol

But when do you think Michonne will make an appearance? If history has taught us anything the highest selling price realized on books inflated by movies or TV is right before it is released. This is true of almost every movie. I believe this is also true of 1st appearances. It certainly holds true for 1st appearances in movie sequels.

There are other issues as well that are just starting to be hoarded. Although I usually agree with your statement doesn't it also depend a little on the character actually making an appearance?

To the average non-comic collector it's common sense to collect #1. As the show got more popular the price rose slightly. Unlike movies there is always the chance that the next episode will meet someone's expectations and drive up the price. Most had predicted prices would fall after the show started comparing it to comics inflated by movies. I've predicted since the beginning that I thought otherwise due mainly to my theory on why a comic is inflated prior to a movie and deflated upon its release.

For issue #19 since you mentioned it then isn't there a chance of the speculation gaining momentum until the episode with Michonne actually airs?

+1

I agree with your points.

The confirmation of season 3 will get people talking that the Governor is coming soon as well. 2c

27, and 43 thru 49 have always been underrated in my opinion.

27 is the 1st Governor (I've never been a big fan of that cover though.)

43 thru 49 are generally considered the best story arc of the series.

Since it has been announced she is joining the show this season I think it will be during the second half of the season (early 2012).

In what I think will be the next-to or possibly last show of the season, especially since casting hasn't been announced yet.

I think the time to sell will be right before season 3.

But when do you think Michonne will make an appearance? If history has taught us anything the highest selling price realized on books inflated by movies or TV is right before it is released. This is true of almost every movie. I believe this is also true of 1st appearances. It certainly holds true for 1st appearances in movie sequels.

Not sure, Jeff. Everything feels different with this property. It's like Kirkman and company is watching us too, to give us the unexpected(no matter how terrible-underground nuclear silo, T-Dogg, bad Carl actor, etc...).

Not sure, Jeff. Everything feels different with this property. It's like Kirkman and company is watching us too, to give us the unexpected(no matter how terrible-underground nuclear silo, T-Dogg, bad Carl actor, etc...).

Personally, I think Chandler Riggs is doing a GREAT job! :slapfight: