• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

So who does everyone identify with? If the zombie apocalypse happened which character do you think you'd resemble.

Personally I think I'd be a cross between Glen and Dale. I could see having a similar mind set to Dale but being a gopher/explorer like Glen.

SHANE. Crazy...

So who does everyone identify with? If the zombie apocalypse happened which character do you think you'd resemble.

Personally I think I'd be a cross between Glen and Dale. I could see having a similar mind set to Dale but being a gopher/explorer like Glen.

I would have to say Glenn because I'm asian and he's still alive in the comics.

awesome! lol

Go Shane! :golfclap:

He had to do what he had to do. I would not have done what he did, BUT I could see why he did it. Each had one bullet left, Shane couldn't run because of his ankle, and the big guy wouldn't be able to either because of his health. Medicine would not have gotten to Carl...Carl would have died. Don't see a reason to hate Shane. People do crazy things in crazy situations.

Love the "pinata" seen. Gotta love that sense of humor. lol

Well, now we see more differences between Shane and Rick...

Liked how they got the nutty look back on Shane's face like late in last season. The first two episodes he was too sane. I can also sympathize with him more now. Look how close he got to dying there.

Also loved the pinata. Who thinks he turned from hanging and who thinks from his legs being chomped on? I think the former. Figure they would have tore him up if he were still alive. Maybe he died and they chomped before he turned and he turned as they were chomping, making his legs less, ah, delectible?

Probably the best episode of the two seasons.

this is what i see happening....

shane continues to obsess over lori and to a lesser extent carl. he beings to do more and more reckless things and just goes crazy, either a fully recovered carl or daryl will end up putting an extra hole in shanes forehead (tying into how he died in the book) when he goes to kill rick (maybe in a walker attack on the farm?). i don't see him lasting the full season, and if he does, it will be too long and drawn out imo, because 1. if they do a slow burn with shane going completely crazy, that will take a long time & 2. it will not build tension between him and rick because if he would go off the deep end, he would just kidnap the two and run off. with 2. that could be how they could find the prison, but the flaw with this is, he could never outrun daryl and rick.

what are your thoughts?

SHANE. Crazy...

I would have to say Glenn because I'm asian and he's still alive in the comics.

Glenn kicks ! everyones just trying to be like us.

btw, nice to meet you at the NYCC!

There's about a thousand comments on that linked page. lol

He had to do what he had to do. I would not have done what he did, BUT I could see why he did it. Each had one bullet left, Shane couldn't run because of his ankle, and the big guy wouldn't be able to either because of his health. Medicine would not have gotten to Carl...Carl would have died. Don't see a reason to hate Shane. People do crazy things in crazy situations.

hm

Remember Jessie and Ron?? TV Shane is very similar to the current Rick in the comic. 2c

what the writers are doing is to set shane up for his eventual death. since they didn't follow the book with his death, they will incorporate his death in another way. i think it will be based around what seems to be a growing obsession with lori and carl (he wants to be rick) and he will slowly fall further into delusion where he will do anything to make them HIS family and not rick's.

just not sure exactly how and who will kill him. maybe they'll give him a "heroic" death by sacrificing himself to save the others in an attack to allow them to get away, possibly to make up for his actions.

the sad thing is, i like his character than rick's on the show. he's not one sided as rick's character has been so far.

i have to say, the first 2 epi's did nothing for me, now it is improving drastically starting with this epi.

hm

Remember Jessie and Ron?? TV Shane is very similar to the current Rick in the comic. 2c

Don't say anymore. Not caught up yet in the comic. Have so much to go. I left off at issue #35 or something. :cry:

Edited by FIREFLY