• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Firefly really? Being a fan of Justified and Deadwood, I thought you would have enjoyed a good 'ol space western.

firefly is on my shelf, still need to watch it. The shelf stuff is what I have on my list to watch.

Oh, my bad. You'll love it. Guaranteed! Once you get through the first few blah episodes of Joss Whedon's other TV opus, Dollhouse, it's must see TV too. :)

I just watched episode7. awesome! Seriously. What else could you ask for? Shane is still by far my favourite character. So much so that I wish he had survived in the comic. Now a fan of Andrea, Dale, Maggie, Glen and even Rick a little. A big episode for character development.

I read a few criticisms on here so what do people rank this overall out of 10? I have to say a 9. What else could I really have expected this show to be?

Here's a great review of the mid-season finale! (Episode 13) I'd post the whole thing here, but since it has a couple naughty words, I'll just post the link:

Walking Dead Episode 13

If you like it, the author has posted reviews of every other episode as they came out (except for the 1st episode).

Here's the links if want some good laughs!

Walking Dead Episode 2

Walking Dead Episode 3

Walking Dead Episode 4

Walking Dead Episode 5

Walking Dead Episode 6

Walking Dead Episode 7

Walking Dead Episode 8

Walking Dead Episode 9

Walking Dead Episode 10

Walking Dead Episode 11

Walking Dead Episode 12

now that's entertainment

I just watched episode7. awesome! Seriously. What else could you ask for? Shane is still by far my favourite character. So much so that I wish he had survived in the comic. Now a fan of Andrea, Dale, Maggie, Glen and even Rick a little. A big episode for character development.

I read a few criticisms on here so what do people rank this overall out of 10? I have to say a 9. What else could I really have expected this show to be?

I really have to agree. Shane isn't my favorite character but his badazz rant at the end of the last episode is so far my favorite moment in the show.

From http://www.bestweekever.tv/

The Entire Pointless Walking Dead Search For Sophia In Two Minutes

By Dan Hopper

Slight Walking Dead spoilers contained within!!! Don’t keep reading if you’re still on Episodes 1-75 of the “Search For Sophia” Saga. Actually, was that a spoiler in itself? Whatever. Rick dies.

Anyway, with the Walking Dead “Search for Sophia” Saga more-or-less concluded, let’s all watch this handy compilation from the people at Vulture looking back on the entire tedious multi-episode arc cut down into a handy, “now actually kinda funny” video.

I know a lot of people have differing opinions on Walking Dead Season 2 so far, but I think we can all agree on one thing – the characters really said “Sophia!” a lot of times. And I will STAND BY THAT:

shane is still a doucheee and i can't wait for him to get a bullet in the brain.

+10

He's great for the show. The first season, he was a roaring douchee. He became somewhat likable in the second season and now he is thisclose to bate insane.

I think he is awesome. lol

shane is still a doucheee and i can't wait for him to get a bullet in the brain.

+10

Can you blame the guy? He fell in love with Rick's wife and kid. Then Rick shows up alive and has to let go of his "love" just like that. There aren't that many women to choose from in their world. He's pissed that he's not leading the group. He's pissed that there are walkers in the barn (or is that the real reason?). He cuts them loose, risking the others' lives. He has guilt from the Otis issue eating him up alive from inside.

Yup, dude's losing it. In the end, he'll need to get shot. Rick will continue rising up as the rational thinker...and finally take his spot as "full" leader.

I think Shane is a huge character for the show and it would be a mistake to kill him off this season. Let him continue to develop and be the bad boy of the group. Just think how sweet it would be to see him intereacting with the Governor and his crew if he lives to that point.

Like Daryl, they need 'survivors' in the group to help them survive. Although, Daryl is moving in the opposite direction of what he once was. Shane on the other hand is losing it and moving in the opposite direction as well, but not a good one.

The part I'm looking forward to is...now that Sophia is gone and no need for further searching, how will Daryl respond? How will Shane respond?

Better yet...

I'm still calling that Carol offs herself after having seen her daughter as a walker...and shot by Rick at that. :grin:

I think Shane is a huge character for the show and it would be a mistake to kill him off this season. Let him continue to develop and be the bad boy of the group. Just think how sweet it would be to see him intereacting with the Governor and his crew if he lives to that point.

Shane will become the Governor :gossip:

The longer Shane remains alive, the more he distorts reality...basically by creating filler material in order to prolong his life will have lasting ripple effects on the story. Him and Daryl are already over shadowing Rick...not counting the last episode. It's not that I hate Shane, I think Jon Betheral is doing a fantastic job! But this is a Zombie flick and people die.