• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

*sigh*

Now I could make some snide remark about how he must have 3 arms to secure both of Shane's hands and plunge the knife in his chest but I don't want to go into a frame by frame dissection of the scene. It isn't worth any of our time.

You think he isn't whiny and that is fine.

I think he is kinda whiny.

I could come up with a bunch of heroic stuff he did. However, Rick always seems to revert back to being somewhat whiny, sheepish, wishy washy. It's hard to describe exactly what i think of him . After he shot Sophia, I saw him taking up the mantle of leadership and I am just a little frustrated that he really hasn't yet. With Shane gone, that should change. I was just expecting it sooner.

The guy that doesn't lose his mess a little bit while driving a knife into the heart of his best friend is the guy that I want to get very far away from as fast as possible. That is the guy that will be wearing my skin for a hat.

The guy losing his mess tells me that he is still a human being that gives a mess and knows exactly what he did and why he did it.

The emotionless robot leader is the one that ends up being the Governor.

Having emotions is great. If he grieved for Shane, after Shane died, that would be realistic to me. I just thought it was out of place when he was yelling at him and crying as he was killing him. I mean, probably the first thing on his mind when he is killing Shane is to be quiet. Um, hello, there are zombies out there.

But now you are making me nitpick. I think my main point was him being wishy washer about being a leader (specifically about Randall) and then I took the bait when you mentioned him killing Shane and the conversation has devolved. Do I think he was whiny when he killed Shane? Heck ya. Do I think it was done solely for dramatic effect? Heck ya.

Having emotions is great. If he grieved for Shane, after Shane died, that would be realistic to me. I just thought it was out of place when he was yelling at him and crying as he was killing him. I mean, probably the first thing on his mind when he is killing Shane is to be quiet. Um, hello, there are zombies out there.

But now you are making me nitpick. I think my main point was him being wishy washer about being a leader (specifically about Randall) and then I took the bait when you mentioned him killing Shane and the conversation has devolved. Do I think he was whiny when he killed Shane? Heck ya. Do I think it was done solely for dramatic effect? Heck ya.

I bet his yelling was louder than the gunfire. hm

Probably not. What does that have to do with anything?

Probably not. What does that have to do with anything?

The gun shot came before the screaming and crying. Anyone (anything) that was going to get alerted by the sound of his feminine ladylike sobbing was already alerted by the sound of the Glock's report.

Doesn't make much sense to close the car door quietly after the alarm's already gone off.

The noise was one quick explosion. If it were me, I would then be extra careful to make sure I didn't reveal my exact location to zombies (by being all whiny and mess) who have been alerted to my presence. lol

Edited by Claudio

And what the heck is Carl doing out alone again???? Good thing he was, in the long run, but really?

Nobody watches that kid. lol

End of the world. Zombies all around. Lots of people have been eaten.

"Hey kid, go play and quit bothering me."

But don't give him a gun. That would be dangerous. (tsk)

Poster: g-man

Subject: Re: TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread

so maybe i am missing something but Shane turned into a zombie there at the end....but was not bitten. does that always happen? i am trying to remember it happening before? [/Quote]

Wasn't shown before, but was recently mentioned in one of the episodes when they were checking out a body that wasn't bitten.

If you noticed the kid Shane killed was also a zombie. Here are a few clues I noticed to what is coming up in this TV series. The water is contaminated at the farm. While Hectrors's daughter is washing the dishes she faints. Several of the group have either washed or drank the water. I'm guessing these people are infected with some kind of zombie virus that when you die you come back as a zombie. The guys that Rick shot at the bar didn't get shot in the head and they didn't come back as zombies.

My guess is that the doctor will figure out some kind of anti-toxin. Woun't be surprised if they use some of the blood from Shane's dead body.

Just my guess.

The noise was one quick explosion. If it were me, I would then be extra careful to make sure I didn't reveal my exact location to zombies (by being all whiny and mess) who have been alerted to my presence. lol

My response came from the comics, they talked about how the sound of one gun shot would eminate out from it's starting point like ripples in a pond in all directions and zombies would hear the sound and start heading to the point of origin until they hear something to knock them off of that course.

That's why the gun shot is far worse than yelling, it reaches further.

so maybe i am missing something but Shane turned into a zombie there at the end....but was not bitten. does that always happen? i am trying to remember it happening before? [/Quote]

Wasn't shown before, but was recently mentioned in one of the episodes when they were checking out a body that wasn't bitten.

If you noticed the kid Shane killed was also a zombie. Here are a few clues I noticed to what is coming up in this TV series. The water is contaminated at the farm. While Hectrors's daughter is washing the dishes she faints. Several of the group have either washed or drank the water. I'm guessing these people are infected with some kind of zombie virus that when you die you come back as a zombie. The guys that Rick shot at the bar didn't get shot in the head and they didn't come back as zombies.

My guess is that the doctor will figure out some kind of anti-toxin. Woun't be surprised if they use some of the blood from Shane's dead body.

Just my guess.

Rick shot both guys in the bar in the head.

The skinny guy gets it in the head immediately, and the tubbo gets it after he's down.

Just my guess.

And Herschel's a Vet. not a biochemist. Also the odds of him making it to season three are feeling slim.

My response came from the comics, they talked about how the sound of one gun shot would eminate out from it's starting point like ripples in a pond in all directions and zombies would hear the sound and start heading to the point of origin until they hear something to knock them off of that course.

And yet they don't start coming until after Carl shoots... Interesting.

The guys that Rick shot at the bar didn't get shot in the head and they didn't come back as zombies.

We don't know for sure that they didn't come back. While Shane came back fairly quickly (and that was probably more for dramatic effect, there isn't necessarily a set time established. Rick, Herschel and Glen were down in the basement within minutes and gone shortly after. (shrug)

I seem top remember from the books that it varied.

Just my guess.

The skinny guy gets it in the head immediately, and the tubbo gets it after he's down.

hm

You are right. :(

I didn't see that. I saw them show the zombies coming, I didn't see a trigger. Maybe they like the sound of Darryl's 9mm more than Shane's. Shane's is Austrian and Darryl's was American, maybe they are Xenophobic Zombies.

Just my guess.

hm

You are right. :(

I had DVR'd it and went back and watched it as I was piecing together that it was an airborne virus, (and Roy mentioned the only way it spreads as fast as this one did was to be airborne.) and the first shot the skinny guy gets from Rick is right in the middle of his forehead.

I didn't see that. I saw them show the zombies coming, I didn't see a trigger. Maybe they like the sound of Darryl's 9mm more than Shane's. Shane's is Austrian and Darryl's was American, maybe they are Xenophobic Zombies.

That must be it.