• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Bernthal's been great, but his character is almost entirely one-note. He's only slightly different with Carl. How many times can you strike the exact same chord before people are ready to hear the next movement?

The same can be said about the Rick character and his constant waffling. Rick in the TV show is like Dale. Whiny. I'd rather watch something entertaining like Shane who moves things along than a waffler any day. Hopefully, it will start moving forward now.

I really thought that when he "manned up" and killed Sophia, he was going to turn stronger. and when he was looking into the camera as Lori was whispering behind him, I thought he was going to get tougher. But, yeah, he is still too whiny.

Love the series. Nothing to complain about. I really don't understand what people expected. I realize I'm drinking the WD koolaid but what a show!! This is going better than I had hoped.

Glenn made strides this season. I expect Andrea to make similar strides next season. Rick was always a slow burn and I expect nothing less The WD story to me has always been about Rick's transformation from a cop to a walker along with Carl growing up in this world. if those two characters were transformed in the 2nd episode along with Glenn and Andrea then change the title Zombie killers. They cam just travel the country killing zombies, pillaging and raping. It could be a zombie version of Groo. lol

Bernthal's been great, but his character is almost entirely one-note. He's only slightly different with Carl. How many times can you strike the exact same chord before people are ready to hear the next movement?

The same can be said about the Rick character and his constant waffling. Rick in the TV show is like Dale. Whiny. I'd rather watch something entertaining like Shane who moves things along than a waffler any day. Hopefully, it will start moving forward now.

Things worked out great for Shane taking that path, didn't they? lol

I really thought that when he "manned up" and killed Sophia, he was going to turn stronger. and when he was looking into the camera as Lori was whispering behind him, I thought he was going to get tougher. But, yeah, he is still too whiny.

Yep, because staring into your best friend's eyes and you slowly drive a knife into his heart and watch him take his last breath knowing you were the one that took it really whimpy. Sort of like being surrounding in a bar by two armed guys wanting to kill you and you blasting both of them before either gets off a shot. Also whiny. Rick's a father, he's got more to think about and consider before he acts as opposed to Shane who pretended to be everything Rick is, and in the end was proved the doddering simpleton that he was all along.

Yep, because staring into your best friend's eyes and you slowly drive a knife into his heart and watch him take his last breath knowing you were the one that took it really whimpy. Sort of like being surrounding in a bar by two armed guys wanting to kill you and you blasting both of them before either gets off a shot. Also whiny. Rick's a father, he's got more to think about and consider before he acts as opposed to Shane who pretended to be everything Rick is, and in the end was proved the doddering simpleton that he was all along.

:cloud9:

Whiny = not having the sac to stand up to your convictions and let the kid go.

Whiny = crying like a little baby when you are stabbing your friend.

I see him trying not to be whiny when he talked to Shane about having to accept his decision. I still wasn't buying it though. To be fair, Rick was also dealing with these leadership issues in the comics.

I am going to let this quote simmer on its own for a while. lol

Think about it. Very Shakespearean but not very realistic.

How do you handle stabbing your best friend in the heart and watching him die in your arms?

Is it followed by a little dance, or perhaps spiking the knife like a touchdown celebration? lol

doh!

How do you handle stabbing your best friend in the heart and watching him die in your arms?

Is it followed by a little dance, or perhaps spiking the knife like a touchdown celebration? lol

Head on a stick all Lord of the Flies like. :insane:

After spiking the knife into the skull of your BFF, I would imagine it would be like the Michael Jackson Thriller video...Zombies, Vincent Price voiceover and all.

Eat his heart!

Or you can stay focused and make sure that he can't fire off another round into your stomach since is has two firearms in both hands!

Or you can be whiny and cry while looking up to the heavens completely unaware of your surroundings (in a zombie apocalypse) and bemoan your fate. :makepoint:

Eat his heart!

Or you can stay focused and make sure that he can't fire off another round into your stomach since is has two firearms in both hands!

Or you can be whiny and cry while looking up to the heavens completely unaware of your surroundings (in a zombie apocalypse) and bemoan your fate. :makepoint:

So you didn't watch the scene?

He pushed the gun hand to the side, held it under his arm and stuck the knife into his chest. The gun went off, but because he had that arm secured off to the side he couldn't be shot.

BTW....the above is not going to read well in a court transcript. just sayin' lol

*sigh*

Now I could make some snide remark about how he must have 3 arms to secure both of Shane's hands and plunge the knife in his chest but I don't want to go into a frame by frame dissection of the scene. It isn't worth any of our time.

You think he isn't whiny and that is fine.

I think he is kinda whiny.

I could come up with a bunch of heroic stuff he did. However, Rick always seems to revert back to being somewhat whiny, sheepish, wishy washy. It's hard to describe exactly what i think of him . After he shot Sophia, I saw him taking up the mantle of leadership and I am just a little frustrated that he really hasn't yet. With Shane gone, that should change. I was just expecting it sooner.

*sigh*

Now I could make some snide remark about how he must have 3 arms to secure both of Shane's hands and plunge the knife in his chest but I don't want to go into a frame by frame dissection of the scene. It isn't worth any of our time.

You think he isn't whiny and that is fine.

I think he is kinda whiny.

I could come up with a bunch of heroic stuff he did. However, Rick always seems to revert back to being somewhat whiny, sheepish, wishy washy. It's hard to describe exactly what i think of him . After he shot Sophia, I saw him taking up the mantle of leadership and I am just a little frustrated that he really hasn't yet. With Shane gone, that should change. I was just expecting it sooner.

Shane had one gun, watch it again, when Shane reached for Ricks is when he move in close, pinned his arm and knifed him. Shane never actually got Rick's gun.

After Sophia didn't Rick kill both those guys in the bar, beat the out of Shane in the parking lot, then put him in his place, then push to execute that kid until Carl saw him (which anyone non two dimension character would have done)?

He seems like a real person to me. Real people would not have such an easy time killing a child, executing another person, killing their best friend, shooting down two strangers, etc etc.

Really bad Michael Bay action heroes have no trouble doing that, but they are the worst kind of fiction. The realism of what he struggles with makes the series that much more real to me. He's not a Terminator Robot, and I like that.