• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Here is a question we know from the trailer that the farm is overrun but if Herschal has electricity why didn't he just put up electric fences?

Bigger question where did he get his electric power?

Barbed wire, which he had, and electric fences are really only effective against an intruder that feels pain. Zombies will just eventually knock them over under their mass and walk through.

Never mind the massive amount of constant juice needed , extensive wiring and maintenance necessary to make it even remotely effective.

Having installed a few hundred feet of fence I can tell you that a fence the size you are talkIng about would have taken them years to build just to get overrun anyway.

His power comes from an ancient looking gas/diesel generator. It was shown in episode 1 or 2 the same episode where Darryl takes the horse without asking and Rick goes to apologize. Herschel is pouring fuel into it as they speak.

Here is a question we know from the trailer that the farm is overrun but if Herschal has electricity why didn't he just put up electric fences?

I just figured he has Billy in the basement on a bicycle powering up the farm using a pedal generator.

Barbed wire, which he had, and electric fences are really only effective against an intruder that feels pain. Zombies will just eventually knock them over under their mass and walk through.

Never mind the massive amount of constant juice needed , extensive wiring and maintenance necessary to make it even remotely effective.

Having installed a few hundred feet of fence I can tell you that a fence the size you are talkIng about would have taken them years to build just to get overrun anyway.

His power comes from an ancient looking gas/diesel generator. It was shown in episode 1 or 2 the same episode where Darryl takes the horse without asking and Rick goes to apologize. Herschel is pouring fuel into it as they speak.

(thumbs u

I just figured he has Billy in the basement on a bicycle powering up the farm using a pedal generator.

Actually some kind of hand cranked power/radio would be cool in this world!

I also think someone must be tasked with recording everything that has happened to them since the Zombie apoc! At one point in human history sapiens were dwindled down to a group of about 300 geneticly unique individuals according to geneticists.... We almost went extinct thousands of years ago... human kind has alwasy needed thier scribes to record history!

The groups history is important.... find a competant writer and get started. Many might think this is unimportant, but it must be done! my 2c

Merle info

Merle is Confirmed for Season 3!!!!!

Michael Rooker, the actor who plays Merle has stated in an interview that he will return to the Walking Dead in Season 3!

http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dead-season-3-michael-rooker-confirms-his-return-as-merle/

Edited by WiseGuyX

Merle is Confirmed for Season 3!!!!!

Michael Rooker, the actor who plays Merle has stated in an interview that he will return to the Walking Dead in Season 3!

http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dead-season-3-michael-rooker-confirms-his-return-as-merle/

I was certain that he would be back when they had him appear for the dream sequence.

I think the standard for a spoiler is whether you can reasonably avoid the plot related information and I don't know that you can avoid that kind of information because it is likely to be a headline on ifanboy, bleeding cool, newsarama, CBR or elsewhere on the internet.