• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

i can see them taking a lot of flack for this episode, as the "pace" is a bit slow. They need to try to build up some kind of viewer rage against the Governor since they obviously cannot use the rape angle like the book did.

Interesting to see Andrea falling in love with the Gov.

Edited by ThoseBackPages

phil..come on man...you cant lurk the TV sub thread and not expect spoilers..

i hate to say it..but i am firmly entrenched in the :shrug: camp for people who complain about spoilers in the TV thread!

i hate to say it..but i am firmly entrenched in the :shrug: camp for people who complain about spoilers in the TV thread!

Really? Do the same general rules that comics have to hide spoilers for the first 3 or so days not apply to a show?

I was lurking for info about it, not spoilers. And you're right about the website. Re-watching it again, hoping it does't out like last time. :wishluck:

Edited by Phillip

valid points. when WD, Saga and Revival books come out, i stay away from the threads until the books are read

yeah, if you haven't watched the latest episode, you shouldn't be in this post. spoilers should only be used if you get info on the coming episode before sunday

Absolutely - especially with the tv thread sequestered from the comic book thread.

i can see them taking a lot of flack for this episode, as the "pace" is a bit slow. They need to try to build up some kind of viewer rage against the Governor since they obviously cannot use the rape angle like the book did.

Interesting to see Andrea falling in love with the Gov.

I think he'll rape Andrea instead of Michonne. The audience has a relationship with her and it will make them hate him A LOT!

Really? Do the same general rules that comics have to hide spoilers for the first 3 or so days not apply to a show?

I was lurking for info about it, not spoilers. And you're right about the website. Re-watching it again, hoping it does't out like last time. :wishluck:

It has been clearly posted before in this thread that live discussion as the show is going on is allowed and spoiler tags are only needed for upcoming episodes and leaked info.

Hence this is the official discussion thread, not the official 3 days after the fact discussion thread. Anyone who comes in here before watching the most current episode not expecting us to be discussing it is just asking for trouble. There isn't gonna be a single online forum that has an official discussion board for this show that doesn't have everyone discussing the most current episode.

About the cars, the zombie outbreak is only roughly 1 year into the whole thing at this point in the show based on the timeline as I understand it. Now when everyone starts rocking iPhone 5s and Windows 8 tablets we will have an issue with product placement. :insane:

It has been clearly posted before in this thread that live discussion as the show is going on is allowed and spoiler tags are only needed for upcoming episodes and leaked info.

Hence this is the official discussion thread, not the official 3 days after the fact discussion thread. Anyone who comes in here before watching the most current episode not expecting us to be discussing it is just asking for trouble. There isn't gonna be a single online forum that has an official discussion board for this show that doesn't have everyone discussing the most current episode.

About the cars, the zombie outbreak is only roughly 1 year into the whole thing at this point in the show based on the timeline as I understand it. Now when everyone starts rocking iPhone 5s and Windows 8 tablets we will have an issue with product placement. :insane:

This.

This is exactly my point and I'm really confused about why no one is understanding me.

When a new issue of the comic is released, the generally common courtesy of members (most of them) that post in the "Official Walking Dead Comic" thread, hide spoilers for a few days out of respect for other posters. Why this isn't translated into the t.v. thread with the same courtesy is confusing to me.

If you look back at the conversation, I HAD been watching the episode, and then I had problems viewing it. I came on the boards and was given a helpful answer by another board member, and nested right below it was a nice big spoiler; which is conveniently deleted now and offers me a little reassurance in my stance.

This.

This is exactly my point and I'm really confused about why no one is understanding me.

When a new issue of the comic is released, the generally common courtesy of members (most of them) that post in the "Official Walking Dead Comic" thread, hide spoilers for a few days out of respect for other posters. Why this isn't translated into the t.v. thread with the same courtesy is confusing to me.

If you look back at the conversation, I HAD been watching the episode, and then I had problems viewing it. I came on the boards and was given a helpful answer by another board member, and nested right below it was a nice big spoiler; which is conveniently deleted now and offers me a little reassurance in my stance.

Because the other thread isn't just about the comic. People post original art, talk about eBay sales, variant covers, etc... There are reasons people click on that thread besides the comic book story. The OCD that they are going to miss some tip for a WD investment causes them to click on the thread before they read the newest issue and demand spolier tags. So we accommodate them and use spolier tags.

This thread is just about the TV show. It's exactly where people should be discussing it after it airs. 2c Honestly, what did you expect people to be talking about on Sunday night right after it airs?

i wish they'd take comic book men off the air. it really sucks and interrupts the flow of WD Night

Hopefully this show won't make it another season, its been nothing but a disappointment from the beginning.Guess I had a different idea in mind when it first started.

Anyway back to WD, loved this episode can't wait till the governor and Rick meet, and see how the two convicts coexist with the other members of the group.