• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

phil..come on man...you cant lurk the TV sub thread and not expect spoilers..

i hate to say it..but i am firmly entrenched in the :shrug: camp for people who complain about spoilers in the TV thread!

Really? Do the same general rules that comics have to hide spoilers for the first 3 or so days not apply to a show?

I was lurking for info about it, not spoilers. And you're right about the website. Re-watching it again, hoping it does't out like last time. :wishluck:

It has been clearly posted before in this thread that live discussion as the show is going on is allowed and spoiler tags are only needed for upcoming episodes and leaked info.

Hence this is the official discussion thread, not the official 3 days after the fact discussion thread. Anyone who comes in here before watching the most current episode not expecting us to be discussing it is just asking for trouble. There isn't gonna be a single online forum that has an official discussion board for this show that doesn't have everyone discussing the most current episode.

About the cars, the zombie outbreak is only roughly 1 year into the whole thing at this point in the show based on the timeline as I understand it. Now when everyone starts rocking iPhone 5s and Windows 8 tablets we will have an issue with product placement. :insane:

This.

This is exactly my point and I'm really confused about why no one is understanding me.

When a new issue of the comic is released, the generally common courtesy of members (most of them) that post in the "Official Walking Dead Comic" thread, hide spoilers for a few days out of respect for other posters. Why this isn't translated into the t.v. thread with the same courtesy is confusing to me.

If you look back at the conversation, I HAD been watching the episode, and then I had problems viewing it. I came on the boards and was given a helpful answer by another board member, and nested right below it was a nice big spoiler; which is conveniently deleted now and offers me a little reassurance in my stance.

Because the other thread isn't just about the comic. People post original art, talk about eBay sales, variant covers, etc... There are reasons people click on that thread besides the comic book story. The OCD that they are going to miss some tip for a WD investment causes them to click on the thread before they read the newest issue and demand spolier tags. So we accommodate them and use spolier tags.

This thread is just about the TV show. It's exactly where people should be discussing it after it airs. 2c Honestly, what did you expect people to be talking about on Sunday night right after it airs?

A bit of courtesy for the people outside the US where the show doesn't get aired until Friday coming? Ever thought they may like to talk about the episode they've just seen without spoilers of one that hasn't even shown yet?

I liked last nights episode, but I feel they are introducing the Governor angle a little too early. We have barely seen Michonne and have seem almost nothing from the prison. I thought they could have developed those two areas further before his introductions, but I did think it was a good episode.

phil..come on man...you cant lurk the TV sub thread and not expect spoilers..

i hate to say it..but i am firmly entrenched in the :shrug: camp for people who complain about spoilers in the TV thread!

Really? Do the same general rules that comics have to hide spoilers for the first 3 or so days not apply to a show?

I was lurking for info about it, not spoilers. And you're right about the website. Re-watching it again, hoping it does't out like last time. :wishluck:

It has been clearly posted before in this thread that live discussion as the show is going on is allowed and spoiler tags are only needed for upcoming episodes and leaked info.

Hence this is the official discussion thread, not the official 3 days after the fact discussion thread. Anyone who comes in here before watching the most current episode not expecting us to be discussing it is just asking for trouble. There isn't gonna be a single online forum that has an official discussion board for this show that doesn't have everyone discussing the most current episode.

About the cars, the zombie outbreak is only roughly 1 year into the whole thing at this point in the show based on the timeline as I understand it. Now when everyone starts rocking iPhone 5s and Windows 8 tablets we will have an issue with product placement. :insane:

This.

This is exactly my point and I'm really confused about why no one is understanding me.

When a new issue of the comic is released, the generally common courtesy of members (most of them) that post in the "Official Walking Dead Comic" thread, hide spoilers for a few days out of respect for other posters. Why this isn't translated into the t.v. thread with the same courtesy is confusing to me.

If you look back at the conversation, I HAD been watching the episode, and then I had problems viewing it. I came on the boards and was given a helpful answer by another board member, and nested right below it was a nice big spoiler; which is conveniently deleted now and offers me a little reassurance in my stance.

Because the other thread isn't just about the comic. People post original art, talk about eBay sales, variant covers, etc... There are reasons people click on that thread besides the comic book story. The OCD that they are going to miss some tip for a WD investment causes them to click on the thread before they read the newest issue and demand spolier tags. So we accommodate them and use spolier tags.

This thread is just about the TV show. It's exactly where people should be discussing it after it airs. 2c Honestly, what did you expect people to be talking about on Sunday night right after it airs?

A bit of courtesy for the people outside the US where the show doesn't get aired until Friday coming? Ever thought they may like to talk about the episode they've just seen without spoilers of one that hasn't even shown yet?

Ok, fair enough. The show doesn't air until Friday in the UK? That's different then people DVR'ing it and waiting to watch later.

Forget the 3 day rule, realistically you want everyone else to use spoiler tags from Sumday night through the week until Saturday. Even if people agree to do that (which is fine, I will), you have to realize new people will constantly join and not realize they are spoiling anything. You may need a new thread if you really care about not having things spolied. 2c

The name of this thread is: TWD TV SHOW--Official Discussion Thread

This thread is a spoiler. Don't click if you have not watched the most recent episode. This thread always blows up Sunday and Monday after the show. Just don't click till you have watched, simple stuff ^_^.

i wish they'd take comic book men off the air. it really sucks and interrupts the flow of WD Night

+1

I wish comic book men talked more about comic books. I thought I was watching without the stunts.

My 2c

Season one had a lot more comic books. This season two stuff is just fruity... I honestly can not stand Walt and the only thing keeping the show going is Keven Smith's name being attached.

Last season we got great content like Jason Mewe's coming in a messing stuff up. This season we get a 5 year old's party that makes me cringe that they are in a comic shop destroying books...

This thread is a spoiler. Don't click if you have not watched the most recent episode. This thread always blows up Sunday and Monday after the show. Just don't click till you have watched, simple stuff ^_^.

This x1000

Look, if you haven't watched the most current episode, don't come in here. It's a discussion about the show, so, unless you expect us to have every single post wrapped in spoiler tags, that's fine, but you won't see anything anyway.

Retro didn't even really "spoil" anything, he mentioned something they didn't show yet, which is something that everyone knows exist if you read the comics.

We are here to talk about the show we just watched, we're not going to wrap everything in the spoiler tag for those who haven't seen it, again, just stay out of here. What do you expect to get by coming in here anyway if you haven't seen it yet?

Last week I didn't get to watch it Sunday night, I had to watch it Tuesday cause I didn't have time since it aired, guess what? I stayed out of this thread. It's simple really :)

Sorry for the rant, but I have this argument every other week it seems with different forums I'm on, there's always that one person who screams spoilers when the entire purpose of the thread is to discuss what just happened.

Phil sorry, not trying to get all gangster with you, just defending Retro cause really he did nothing wrong :shy:

Edited by roastedbagel

We are here to talk about the show we just watched

As would be the people who live in the UK. :eyeroll:

we're not going to wrap everything in the spoiler tag for those who haven't seen it, again, just stay out of here.

Oh, OK. Seeing as you appear to think you can lay the law down that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Last season we got great content like Jason Mewe's coming in a messing stuff up. This season we get a 5 year old's party that makes me cringe that they are in a comic shop destroying books...

Watching Mewe's play with action figures was the same as having five year old destroy comics.

This x1000

Look, if you haven't watched the most current episode, don't come in here. It's a discussion about the show, so, unless you expect us to have every single post wrapped in spoiler tags, that's fine, but you won't see anything anyway.

Retro didn't even really "spoil" anything, he mentioned something they didn't show yet, which is something that everyone knows exist if you read the comics.

We are here to talk about the show we just watched, we're not going to wrap everything in the spoiler tag for those who haven't seen it, again, just stay out of here. What do you expect to get by coming in here anyway if you haven't seen it yet?

Last week I didn't get to watch it Sunday night, I had to watch it Tuesday cause I didn't have time since it aired, guess what? I stayed out of this thread. It's simple really :)

Sorry for the rant, but I have this argument every other week it seems with different forums I'm on, there's always that one person who screams spoilers when the entire purpose of the thread is to discuss what just happened.

Phil sorry, not trying to get all gangster with you, just defending Retro cause really he did nothing wrong :shy:

Look, this is ridiculous.

He deleted his post, so I was RIGHT. End of discussion.

Why do all of you guys like to argue so much?

Edited by Phillip

we're not going to wrap everything in the spoiler tag for those who haven't seen it, again, just stay out of here.

Oh, OK. Seeing as you appear to think you can lay the law down that's exactly what I'll be doing.

The kids and noobs today, they have no respect at all Boozad. They love to spoil mess for the rest of us not to mention thread krapping..

*sigh*

The kids and noobs today, they have no respect at all Boozad. They love to spoil mess for the rest of us not to mention thread krapping..

*sigh*

Kids and noobs? Who me? This 30+ year old internet message board admin/moderator/member? :preach:

Right, so everyone will just wait for the show to air everywhere else before we can start posting about it, or, again, we can just wrap everything in a spoiler tag until it's aired, and you guys can pick and choose which spoiler tags you want to open... :facepalm:

It's not laying down the law, it's called being logical.