• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Great episode.

Lori's dead. Seems clear to me she died during the c-section. Maggie tells Lori she's not trained in the procedure like Hershel or Carol.

Lori's dead.

I believe Carol survived tonight. That makes T-dog's sacrifice worthwhile.

Oh yeah, and...

It seems to be a recurring theme that Rick's actions / decisions can prove fatal to the group.

1) His failed rescue of Sophia

2) His failure to effectively deal with the inmate Andrew led to the death of T-dog and his wife.

Edited by ucleben

Awesome episode!

Watch Ep 5 Sneak Peak and it seems as though at the end they give something away?

Sneek Peek Ep 5

Also: Excellent interview with Kirkman and Mazzara talking about the episode:

Major Spoilers if ya have not watched the episode

Ian

Ian,

The sneak peek is interesting, but somehow I feel it's a red herring. I think Carol is still alive - though maybe not for long.

Edited by ucleben

Oscar seems to be shaping up to be "Tyreese"

But i just have a feeling that Tyreese is going to still be on the show. he was just too intrical to the comic to totally blow off on the show.

I've always seen Daryl as Tyreese. His relationship with Rick and Carol seems to somewhat line up with the comic. Plus having the gov kill him would be good tv.

Killing the most popular character on the show would probably end in an eventual ratings disaster. If anything the show should do what the comic dared not and had Rick be killed at the end of the prison storyline.

When I read the comic, Tyreese's death shocked me. He was a main character and Rick's right hand man. If they try to re-create that scene Darly is the logical choice.

Or.............. they could use Andrea. I still think bad things from the Gov are heading her way. Either rape or cutting her head off in an attempt to get into the prison. 2c

Wasn't the Governor's main reason to get into the prison revenge? Right now, he has a perfect set up. Woodbury seems secure. No reason to really go after them unless he does get tortured.

It's been 9 months since I read those issues, but my recollection was that the Governor attacked. They fended his group off. Michonne and Tyrese went back ninja style. Michonne got away and Tyrese got captured. The Governor's army came back and executed Tyrese and attacked with a tank. I may have that completely messed up so if someone who would correct the timeline, I'd appreciate it.

Those things happened, but the Governor wanted the prison long before then.

Ramses, the Gov wanted the prison & their supplies just because they were there for the taking. Not only because of revenge. After he cut off Ricks hand, he tortured Michonne and tried to break Glenn to crack about where they came from. He then let Martinez escape with them to find it and report back.

Oscar seems to be shaping up to be "Tyreese"

But i just have a feeling that Tyreese is going to still be on the show. he was just too intrical to the comic to totally blow off on the show.

I've always seen Daryl as Tyreese. His relationship with Rick and Carol seems to somewhat line up with the comic. Plus having the gov kill him would be good tv.

Killing the most popular character on the show would probably end in an eventual ratings disaster. If anything the show should do what the comic dared not and had Rick be killed at the end of the prison storyline.

When I read the comic, Tyreese's death shocked me. He was a main character and Rick's right hand man. If they try to re-create that scene Darly is the logical choice.

Or.............. they could use Andrea. I still think bad things from the Gov are heading her way. Either rape or cutting her head off in an attempt to get into the prison. 2c

Yea maybe he tortures her instead of Michonne.

It really seems to be headed that way.

I say, Carol accidentally stumbled upon lori, had some medical stitches and antibiotics in her back pocket. Sews up lori and everyone lives :)

My guess is that Carol finds Lori just before or just after she turns and Lori bites her before Carol realizes she is a Zombie.

Edited by Magneto

Still find it too unbelievable that Lori and them didnt hear the zombies "shuffling" up behind them until they were almost on them.

Glad that finally Lori is gone, now for Carl! I dont see how that baby will survive without proper medical treatment, filth, etc.

Also dont like the creepy insinuations between Carl and that blonde girl, wow, dont even know her name. lol

I'm seeing a major problem with using spoilers in this thread. People are discussing both the episodes that have shown and spoilers applicable to upcoming episodes. Problem is, without a sufficient description, the spoiler tag someone clicks on might be for either one.

I'm seeing a major problem with using spoilers in this thread. People are discussing both the episodes that have shown and spoilers applicable to upcoming episodes. Problem is, without a sufficient description, the spoiler tag someone clicks on might be for either one.

+1

My opinion of what I think is to come:

I can see Rick falling apart and really struggling with trying to be the leader when so much that is negative has happened. I see Rick blaming himself for all that has happened to the group. Unexpectedly, we will see Carl doing much of the leadership as his Mother's last words resound within him. He will rise to the occasion where his Father will not. The question is: does the young boy really know what is right?

And I just have to say, that was an emotional roller coaster of an episode for me having recently lost my own Mother. Argueably that was the best TV I have ever watched.

I agree. That's the whole reason I don't ever watch "scenes from the next episode."

I don't want to know. I'll watch it next week. Why do I want to have something spoiled? It really is that much better when you go in blind.

That's why I hardly ever read these threads. I can't ever discuss the show without someone blowing off what's going to happen next week.

I agree, but ultimately:

giant-salami2.jpg

I agree, but ultimately:

giant-salami2.jpg

tumblr_mcvyn8zrgw1rhkz7xo1_500.jpg