• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

for two seasons, WD was just a very good show with an even better comic book, but this season it has (imo) become the best show on tv. they made us care for a character that didn't deserve it in the comic. lori dying in the comic never bothered me. tyreese did a lot tho. axel did. but not lori. i lost my mother around carl's age, and that scene was heartbreaking for me. amazing, but nonetheless really hard to watch. "goodnight, love" has been echoing through my subconcious all night long

Edited by Hawkman

I was just thinking. Why did everyone run back into the Prison when the Zombies showed up. Why not run to the gate and hook up with the people who have the guns. (other than Hersell of course... you know... because of the leg and all...)

I think everyone needs to watch the shows closely. If you are shown something, it's for a reason. If you AREN'T shown something it's for a reason.

IMDB has information about the cast in upcoming episodes (don't click unless you want that information):

T-Dog is shown as being off the cast as of last night.

Lori and Carol are shown as being on the show in every episode that's shown on IMDB in detail.

That's at least 4 more episodes for each of them.

Some of you may know that I am a High School teacher.

After teaching my classes today I have to tell you that there is A LOT of talk with kids about the show last night. You rarely hear kids hooked on TV shows like this on a regular basis. It is making others who don't watch the show want to pick it up. (Clearly I will be recommending the TPB as well)

Looks like the show continues to grow its audience.

After teaching my classes today I have to tell you that there is A LOT of talk with kids about the show last night. You rarely hear kids hooked on TV shows like this on a regular basis. It is making others who don't watch the show want to pick it up. (Clearly I will be recommending the TPB as well)

Why didn't my teachers recommend trades over American lit (the world may never know).

Edited by ItsJustRyan

I'm seeing a major problem with using spoilers in this thread. People are discussing both the episodes that have shown and spoilers applicable to upcoming episodes. Problem is, without a sufficient description, the spoiler tag someone clicks on might be for either one.

I agree, but ultimately:

giant-salami2.jpg

tumblr_mcvyn8zrgw1rhkz7xo1_500.jpg

F U. :foryou:

I think everyone needs to watch the shows closely. If you are shown something, it's for a reason. If you AREN'T shown something it's for a reason.

IMDB has information about the cast in upcoming episodes (don't click unless you want that information):

T-Dog is shown as being off the cast as of last night.

Lori and Carol are shown as being on the show in every episode that's shown on IMDB in detail.

That's at least 4 more episodes for each of them.

could be flashbacks

my wife cannot believe they killed her off (though she knew she was killed off in the comic she figured they'd do it differently on the show). in my wife's view (as a mother of 2) not having scavenged formula (just in case she died or couldn't breast feed) is a sign to her that she was hoping the baby would be stillborn at they'd both die. i figured the same as formula would be something that might still be found in grocery stores and what not un-looted.

As a teacher, you should probably re-read the TPBs first. I'm not sure some of it may meet with approval from your School Board or community.

As a teacher, you should probably re-read the TPBs first. I'm not sure some of it may meet with approval from your School Board or community.

I was a high school teacher as well. There is nothing wrong with recommending something to read on their own time. It's only an issue if you are using it in your curriculum. Tell those kids to read! (thumbs u

I was a high school teacher as well. There is nothing wrong with recommending something to read on their own time. It's only an issue if you are using it in your curriculum. Tell those kids to read! (thumbs u

Yep... Granny use to says, "let those kids read anything, even if it's garbage, as long as they are reading!"

I think Lori and Carol are still alive, but I expect both to die by the end of the season. I watched Talking Dead and they basically implied that Lori died but maybe it was just to throw the audience off. Carol is definitely alive though.

My guess is that Carol will be found tending to Lori who is barely clinging to life. Lori will eventually recover, and Rick and Lori will reconcile. Lori will then be killed by the Governer at the end of the season.

I have read them. I wouldn't be pushing them on anyone, but if someone asks about the original story I would just tell them it is a comic book and it would be cheaper to pick up the tpb instead of trying the buy the comics.

I have read them. I wouldn't be pushing them on anyone, but if someone asks about the original story I would just tell them it is a comic book and it would be cheaper to pick up the COMPENDIUM instead of trying the buy the comics.

fixed that for you (both compendium volumes for around $80)