• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Just watched tonight's episode. It was pretty good, except for the whole Rick acting in a trance state of rage. My roommate also felt that part of the episode was very corny as did I. All in all a good episode though.

I still think Lori is alive. (shrug)

yep, she and Carol are locked in a cell for an entire day making no attempt to communicate w/ the rest of the group who are 50 yards away. any scenario in which Lori is still alive would be too stupid for words.

Where is her body then Mike? :baiting:

That zombie didn't eat her.

That would be lame of Kirkman big time.

I want Lori and that annoying baby to die like they are supposed to. :sumo:

Loridies.jpg

in the graves they dug for no reason. when you have to watch a show after the show where the director and creator explain what just happened, that's lousy television. sorry.

Still pretty obvious there is a swerve coming.

No bodies in a TV show is never sure death.

Of course Kirkman and the director are going to make statements like to full the viewers.

I am not saying she isn't dead, but I am saying I can see her being alive at the end of this season's cliffhanger.

Given the amount of changes from the book, I don't think Robert is the controlling voice on the show, if he ever was.

Carol I give 70-30 odds of being alive. Lori, 0%.

Did you see that zombie with the distended stomach and the hair on its hands and in its mouth? There were drag marks from where Lori's body lay all the way to where that zombie was sitting with a super full tummy.

Just watched tonight's episode. It was pretty good, except for the whole Rick acting in a trance state of rage. My roommate also felt that part of the episode was very corny as did I. All in all a good episode though.

yep, she and Carol are locked in a cell for an entire day making no attempt to communicate w/ the rest of the group who are 50 yards away. any scenario in which Lori is still alive would be too stupid for words.

Loridies.jpg

in the graves they dug for no reason. when you have to watch a show after the show where the director and creator explain what just happened, that's lousy television. sorry.

Of course Kirkman and the director are going to make statements like to full the viewers.

I am not saying she isn't dead, but I am saying I can see her being alive at the end of this season's cliffhanger.

Given the amount of changes from the book, I don't think Robert is the controlling voice on the show, if he ever was.

Did you see that zombie with the distended stomach and the hair on its hands and in its mouth? There were drag marks from where Lori's body lay all the way to where that zombie was sitting with a super full tummy.

lori still being alive would be worse writing than the zombie having eaten her whole, and so far that's the worst, most unbelievable element of this season

Loridies.jpg

lori still being alive would be worse writing than the zombie having eaten her whole, and so far that's the worst, most unbelievable element of this season

I agree...everything? Femur? Skull? All of it?

Rick found that bullet on the ground where Carl originally shot her, but it just feels like a giant plot hole.

We've got to see Carol again, though. That I feel is gonna happen.

Loridies.jpg

I agree...everything? Femur? Skull? All of it?

Rick found that bullet on the ground where Carl originally shot her, but it just feels like a giant plot hole.

We've got to see Carol again, though. That I feel is gonna happen.

My take on the whole zombie/Lori's body issue was that Glenn was in there first and he had taken Lori's body out to be buried, and T-Dog's too. But, if Carol's body hasn't been found, why is he digging her a grave?

Greg Nicotero confirmed on Talking Dead that Lori was consumed entirely by that bloated walker.

Not the best directing job when you have to explain your directorial decisions on the talk show afterwards when the audience didnt get what they were supposed to infer.

He also "confirmed" Carol's death because of the placement of the flower by Daryl on the grave.

It kind of really seems like Nicotero was trying to sell us a bill of goods, though.

I wouldnt be surprised to see either of em make a re-appearance.

If they do NOT then some audience may be let down by the leading of the unseen clues that showed the characters were dead (offscreen) that made them believe they might re-appear.

Still not a badly directed episode for the make up guy.

Lori is dead but the full belly zombie is one of the weakest things in the series to date.

Yep.

Yeah, I think Darabont would have conveyed that information a little differently. lol

A few bones left would have probably helped, maybe some clothes or something? I did guess what was supposed to have happened, and it really put me off the episode which was otherwise pretty good.

But, if Carol's body hasn't been found, why is he digging her a grave?

I think since they found her scarf or whatever it was that they assume she was killed along with T-Dog.

But doesn't Daryl...

find a clue in the preview? Her knife?

I think since they found her scarf or whatever it was that they assume she was killed along with T-Dog.

But doesn't Daryl...

find a clue in the preview? Her knife?

yeah. It's why I'm 100% sure she's alive.

it is weird since they found it by TDogs body since she had it ON HER HEAD when she left through the door when he told her to run for it

I copied this exchange between me and Pep over at the other Walking Dead thread.

Any thoughts / ideas?

Did anyone else notice

the scene in which Michonne was looking around the Governor's office, she saw a duffel bag labeled "SHERIFF" sitting in the corner? It was a quick shot, and I'm not sure of the significance, if any.

What ever happened to the SHERIFF duffel bag full of weapons that Rick and the others retrieved during the "Vatos" episode? I believe it made it's way back to the camp as I think I remember Dale going into the woods to bury it when Shane had a confrontation with him.

Could the bag in the Governors office be the same one?

I dont know where I read it, maybe in the Modern Comics section but someone was saying that the Governor and his men got the bag from the Vatos when they went over to the retirement home and ended up killing them all.

That's what I intially though as well, but I went to Netflix and checked the Vatos episode. It showed Rick with the duffel bag on his back when they left the convalescent home and found out their van was missing.

How big is this prison?

Big enough that Carol could be lost in there for a couple of days?

Or until the end of the season when they attempt to clear out a cell block by opening the doors. 50 or so walkers come out and then after a few minutes in a shocking twist, Carol walks out a newly turned Zombie.

===================================================================================================================================================

11/11/12 SHOW SPOILERS FROM THIS POINT ON ===================================================================================================================================================

I love this idea. This is the exact reason I have not logged on to this thread until today. Just watched the episode last night. Thought it was really good! Will read through and see if my questions have been answered.