• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I disagree, I think she's doing a great job :) Maybe it's just because I can't stand Andrea in the TV series, and in comparison she seems better... but regardless, I think her character will grow, she's only been in a few episodes, I think we should give her a chance. My 2c

I think she's doing fine as well, keeping her character still sort of a mystery.

On the other hand I dont like how they decided to let Rick go straight John Mcafee crazy instead of showing him gradually descend into madness.

OOOH Timely McAfee tie in...nice.

(thumbs u

As for Rick....I believe the writers are trying to display a psychotic break.

Psychotic breaks are called breaks for a reason. One minute you are there and the next you "snap"...otherwise it would be called a psychotic parachute lilted gradual descent.

They happen immediately, and can be caused by extreme stress (check) or the loss of a loved one (double check).

The symptoms associated with it are delusions, hallucinations, and violent outbursts. They have lost touch with reality and can be dangerous to themselves and people around them.

So I think they nailed it...if that's what they were going for.

+1

As for Michonne, I think they are doing a great job. We've only had a few episodes and there has been a ton of other stuff that has demanded the screen time. It was a wise choice to focus on established characters for major events 1st while the audience gets more familar with her.

I see her story becoming the focus moving forward. For a long time I was convinced they would switch to Andrea, but after the last episode it looks like Michonne will be the Governor's nemesis afterall. She will probably be hunted by the Governor's men, eventually end up in that arena, and eventually become the rape victum of the Governor.

I see the future of the dude fighting Merle in the arena, and it includes getting kicked in his nuts just before getting his head cut off. ;)

I'm also glad TV Michonne hasn't been talking to herself after the ending of the last episode.

I always thought it was weird that Kirkman had 3 characters hearing the voice of a "ghost" in the comic. I'm hopeful they will keep it to just one, otherwise viewers will start to question if there is something else supernatural going on instead of people just having stress breakdowns. Comic book readers are more forgiving about that than TV viewers.

I'm a little worried at the speed with which this is progressing.

The phone stuff was after the Prison/woodbury arc wasn't it,when Rick was ill with Carl on the run?

If season 3 does finish the Prison arc - where to next?

You only have the Hunters/Gabriel short story before some windless meandering into Alexandria.

I can't see that being season 4 as it is just a repeat.

Swap Rick vs Gov for Rick vs Negan.Both are in re-inforced bases.

I have a theory - I think Kirkman is going to go all alternate universe stylee next.

I think after the prison,the story will become totally seperate from the Comic,incorporating all the things Kirkman had as a plan B.

Rick keeps his hand

More than a few survive the prison.

Maybe they combine survivors, meet more stragglers/military and use the National Guard base to restock,re-arm and fight back.

That would make a lot more sense as so much has NOT been included from the comic - probably to speed it up.

I can honestly see Season 4 ending with Rick,Michonne and Oscar, in military fatigues, at the head of a 1000 strong group of heavily armed troops.

Think about it.

The comic suggests that large numbers of survivors are in walled communities around Washington. Eugene knows how to make ammo. The national guard bases/abandoned vehicles would have .50 cal guns,grenades,Tanks etc.

As well as plain old assault rifles.

They use the Prison as a base to regroup,expand the fences,restore power (tanker of fuel from comic etc) and manufacture ammo,grow and store food and train for Zombie combat.

And at the end of season 4 it ends with Rick and his Leutenants staring down at Zombie filled Washington preparing to retake the first Zombie City back into Human hands.

Now THAT would be one hell of a season 5.

Thoughts?

Producers/Directors have said they see the Governor arc lasting until season 5-6... /shrug

I think and I have nothing to back this up with...... That there are another group of people in or around the prison and they will join forces with Ricks group in season four for the major battle with the Woodbury peeps.

Wouldn't surprise me if Carol is with them as she was filming last week.

Ian

Edited by baka

The phone stuff was after the Prison/woodbury arc wasn't it,when Rick was ill with Carl on the run?

You only have the Hunters/Gabriel short story before some windless meandering into Alexandria.

I have a theory - I think Kirkman is going to go all alternate universe stylee next.

I think after the prison,the story will become totally seperate from the Comic,incorporating all the things Kirkman had as a plan B.

Rick keeps his hand

Maybe they combine survivors, meet more stragglers/military and use the National Guard base to restock,re-arm and fight back.

That would make a lot more sense as so much has NOT been included from the comic - probably to speed it up.

I can honestly see Season 4 ending with Rick,Michonne and Oscar, in military fatigues, at the head of a 1000 strong group of heavily armed troops.

Think about it.

The comic suggests that large numbers of survivors are in walled communities around Washington. Eugene knows how to make ammo. The national guard bases/abandoned vehicles would have .50 cal guns,grenades,Tanks etc.

They use the Prison as a base to regroup,expand the fences,restore power (tanker of fuel from comic etc) and manufacture ammo,grow and store food and train for Zombie combat.

And at the end of season 4 it ends with Rick and his Leutenants staring down at Zombie filled Washington preparing to retake the first Zombie City back into Human hands.

Thoughts?

i'd start a TWD TV show speculation thread- don't believe that exists yet.

Rick keeps his hand

Think about it.

Thoughts?

A walking dead speculation thread doesn't exist?

Or a speculation as to a walking dead speculation thread doesn't exist?

I put "Walking Dead" into the search function and it exploded.

Rick keeps his hand

Think about it.

Thoughts?

A walking dead speculation thread doesn't exist?

Or a speculation as to a walking dead speculation thread doesn't exist?

I put "Walking Dead" into the search function and it exploded.

lol

I say Kirkman gives us a curveball and say the TWD is taking place on an island where crazy stuff goes down and they got on this island after a plane crash. The real reason as to how the zombies happened was because somebody stopped pressing the magical numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 ......... that sounds unique right....... ;)

I say Kirkman gives us a curveball and say the TWD is taking place on an island where crazy stuff goes down and they got on this island after a plane crash. The real reason as to how the zombies happened was because somebody stopped pressing the magical numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 ......... that sounds unique right....... ;)

:gossip: WD would use 1, 2, 19, 27, 48 and 61.

lol well played sir

Oh come on guys!

Rick and guns,and two hands and Washington..and Zombies.

This is what we want.

Seriously,anyone else think Kirkman will throw a curve into this and go into completely new territory?

thumbs_up.gif

Ian

lol well played sir

Ya'll forgot #53

lol well played sir

Ya'll forgot #53

That's the first appearance of Steve Martin, right?

Think about it...it will come to you.