• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

HOLY mess THE GOVERNOR IS GOING TO BE EXTRA HATED IF ITS MAGGIE

Is exactly what I was thinking. However, I see it being Meryl who does the dirty work.

It needs to be the Governor. 2c

+1

It's wouldn't be the same if Merle gets what Rick had coming to him (hand) and then does all the dirty work for the Governor.

Hope they stay at least somewhat true to the original in this case.

Episode was bloody brilliant, and I think torturing Maggie is a great deviation from the comic on the producers part. She is the most beloved female on the show, and will make the viewers despise the Governor so much more so.

I don't think Andrea will know they are held captive. That's why in scenes for next week they show the Governor rebuking Andreas advances...he's already exhausted from Maggie. :sorry:

Jim

+ 1

I was bent out of shape seeing Maggie there b/c... well... it's Maggie. I like the idea they switched this up though b/c I don't have any emotional buy-in with Michonne (which is why they switched it). I hate that she has to go through what she is about to go through though (Remember Ryan... it's fiction).

Also, are they taking a mid-season break this year like they did last year?

If so, the "bad stuff" will probably happen right before the end of the break.

Ryan

Episode was bloody brilliant, and I think torturing Maggie is a great deviation from the comic on the producers part. She is the most beloved female on the show, and will make the viewers despise the Governor so much more so.

I don't think Andrea will know they are held captive. That's why in scenes for next week they show the Governor rebuking Andreas advances...he's already exhausted from Maggie. :sorry:

Jim

+ 1

I was bent out of shape seeing Maggie there b/c... well... it's Maggie. I like the idea they switched this up though b/c I don't have any emotional buy-in with Michonne (which is why they switched it). I hate that she has to go through what she is about to go through though (Remember Ryan... it's fiction).

Also, are they taking a mid-season break this year like they did last year?

If so, the "bad stuff" will probably happen right before the end of the break.

Ryan

I love this *spoon*ing show! If the Governor touches Maggie, I'm going to drive up to the set and kick him in the balls.

I'm pretty sure they are doing 8 episodes, then break, then 8 more. This episode was #6? So 2 more till break? I could be wrong.

I love this *spoon*ing show! If the Governor touches Maggie, I'm going to drive up to the set and kick him in the balls.

I'm pretty sure they are doing 8 episodes, then break, then 8 more. This episode was #6? So 2 more till break? I could be wrong.

Yup. 2 more. Per Kirkman - Fan favoring being introduced in mid-season finale on December 2nd.

dun dun dunnnnn

HugeRosen you are too funny... lol

NOTE: season breaks suck, but in the long run keep more TWD momentum going and allows for shorter breaks between new episodes. But, it still sucks.

SPECULATION of the DAY: What if Maggie gets pregnant with the Govs baby? Oooo. That'll burn. It'll be like "Rob Roy" all over again.

Edited by ItsJustRyan

SPECULATION of the DAY: What if Maggie gets pregnant with the Govs baby? Oooo. That'll burn. It'll be like "Rob Roy" all over again.

That's funny you say that because I thought about that exact same thing. At least we would know who's baby it is once it's born though since Glenn is Asian.

This show is popular enough that cable channels are showing David Morrissey's earlier work...including Basic Instinct 2!!!

The show much be a juggernaut if someone's going to rerun that turd just to jump on the bandwagon.

Also, "The Reaping" has been shown on cable at least 5 times in the last month.

It can't be a coincidence.

Sidenote: Great casting, this guy is a major talent.

That's funny you say that because I thought about that exact same thing. At least we would know who's baby it is once it's born though since Glenn is Asian.

Yeah, if the baby come out looking like this I'm betting it is the Govs.

200px-Qui_gon_jinn_from_movie.jpg

lol at myself...

Edited by ItsJustRyan

A few notes:

- I was hoping they would show more interaction with the people in the Governors little village, I'd like to know what's making them tick, what's their background story, you'd figure Andrea or Michonne would be asking questions. It was nice seeing Andrea at the wall with that young girl, the best part was when she was trying to shoot the walker and kept missing. I told my wife she cant hit the walker with an arrow but Rick and Co can always get a head shot from about 25 - 50 feet away.

- The walkers ignoring Michonne because of the guts on her? I thought it was shown earlier that the walkers had ignored her before when she had her walkers chained, figured she would have already had some clue about that.

- Michonne in the woods against Merle and the others; it was good but didn't make sense, unless she has plans of staying in the area to try to rescue Andrea she should have high tailed it out of there instead of putting herself in danger since they werent going to try to find her for long.

- I wonder if Hershel will let the others know that Rick is going :screwy:, I think he might keep it to himself and keep a close eye on him.

Anyone else notice mad commercials every 5 minutes it seemed like?

AMC is milking this for all that it's worth, since they actually "own" this show unlike Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

Either they up the per commercial rate or bring in as many sponsors as possible. It rates very very very well in the 18-49 demo that sponsors covet, so expect to see a lot of commercials.

I don't recall him being a fan favorite. I do remember him being majorly involved in the story but I can't see # 7 jumping like 19.

tyreese was definitely a fan favorite. my second favorite character behind michonne.

- I wonder if Hershel will let the others know that Rick is going :screwy:, I think he might keep it to himself and keep a close eye on him.

I get the feeling Rick snapped out of his craze last night when he finally held his baby. I think that part of the story is over.

I don't recall him being a fan favorite. I do remember him being majorly involved in the story but I can't see # 7 jumping like 19.

tyreese was definitely a fan favorite. my second favorite character behind michonne.

I've got a Tyrese sketch from Adlard and I love it. He was always my favorite and i'm amped at seeing him on the show...

7588908702_c073e59f1a_n.jpg