• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I know a lot of people here are let down that the Governor is not true to the comics, but I was thinking about it and the season is not over yet.

I still think that he may do something to Andrea, instead of Michonne or Maggie (as was lead to be thought this week).

Just gonna have to wait and see how it plays out.

I can't see them killing off Darryl for any reason...he's the second most popular character on the show and EVERYBODY loves him. AMC is not protective of his character rights to whack him anytime soon.

Jim

I would venture he's the most popular.

Really, you think so? I know everybody loves Boba Fett, but is he really more popular than Vader (with Rick being Vader in this case)?

Jim

Good episode.

I agree I think they are moving the story along too quickly. I was 100% positive Governor would be around for 2 seasons, but now I'm not so sure.

Excited to see what's going to happen with Merle. Governor doesn't trust him anymore and I think he's starting to see that. I think he may end up joining back up with Rick's group. It'll cause tension within the group again (like Rick vs. Shane). The prison group doesn't have any friction within it anymore. They need to bring back the drama within the group.

I think Merle might have burned his bridge with Glen.

I agree. I think it'll create good drama if Darrell wants his brother to join but after what he did to Glenn and his feelings for Rick, it'll be interesting to see what happens. I think Darrell is going to end up having to choose between the group and his brother at some point

I think Merle might have a little "Vader's Redemption" in his future.

+1

i doubt it. he's a psychotic killer

Good episode.

I agree I think they are moving the story along too quickly. I was 100% positive Governor would be around for 2 seasons, but now I'm not so sure.

Excited to see what's going to happen with Merle. Governor doesn't trust him anymore and I think he's starting to see that. I think he may end up joining back up with Rick's group. It'll cause tension within the group again (like Rick vs. Shane). The prison group doesn't have any friction within it anymore. They need to bring back the drama within the group.

I agree. I think it'll create good drama if Darrell wants his brother to join but after what he did to Glenn and his feelings for Rick, it'll be interesting to see what happens. I think Darrell is going to end up having to choose between the group and his brother at some point

+1

So was Vader., he snuffed that fool for coming out of hyper space too early, ....but there was something that was more important to him than anything else, family.

If we see Gov. laying down some force lightning on Darryl I think he might find himself thrown down the old exhaust port by Darth Merle.

that girl was NOT Latina!

But she had a cap, earrings and a cut off shirt!

So does Fingh, but no one thinks he's Rosita.

Good episode.

+1

So was Vader., he snuffed that fool for coming out of hyper space too early, ....but there was something that was more important to him than anything else, family.

If we see Gov. laying down some force lightning on Darryl I think he might find himself thrown down the old exhaust port by Darth Merle.

you're comparing apples and oranges. vader was once a good kid, who got emotionally comprimised and went to the dark side to save his wife. merle is just a racist psychotic hick

Good episode.

+1

you're comparing apples and oranges. vader was once a good kid, who got emotionally comprimised and went to the dark side to save his wife. merle is just a racist psychotic hick

We've never seen Merle's prequels. We don't know if he was ever good.

Maybe his momma's house was burned down by Sand People.

Good episode.

+1

problem is, we've never been led in anyway to believe the merle is even remotely decent. he's been time and again made to be slimy, dangerous, murderous, and a liar. if by redemption, you mean save his brother while losing his own life, sure, but i'd hate to see him with ricks' group. he'd get a coin slot in his head from rick like the other prisoner.

Good episode.

+1

problem is, we've never been led in anyway to believe the merle is even remotely decent. he's been time and again made to be slimy, dangerous, murderous, and a liar. if by redemption, you mean save his brother while losing his own life, sure, but i'd hate to see him with ricks' group. he'd get a coin slot in his head from rick like the other prisoner.

If you go to the original SW trilogy there's NOTHING to indicate that Vader is anything other than a heavy. He doesn't exhibit the least bit of humanity or caring until that last desperate act. All we have are a few words from Obi Wan about who he was.

I don't want Merle in the group either, he's scum. That is what I meant by redemption, giving up himself and taking out the Gov to save his brother, and that is what happened to Vader and why I called it Vader's redemption. At all the Skywalker family reunions he's the only one is spectral form.

I agree comix4fun. Merle will intervene and sacrifice himself to save Daryl. The cliche has been used many times before but is still something that people like to see.

I don't know if that will happen next week or not but that is what I see being the natural conclusion for the dixons.