• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

It sure seems like the spoilers were correct to make AMC threaten websites for posting "trade secrets" hm

What was the trade secret..they took the thread down :(

the spoilers that were posted earlier this week (who lives, who dies), etc. etc.

I love the responses....

"So I take it down, or is our freedom of speach just ?"

"Def freedom of speech issue though,its part of the constitution."

"I don't know but I do not see how they can just control peoples freedom of speach, It seems they are serious though and this is not all the letter as there was another attached to it. hmmm, kinda sucks should I contact a attourney?"

"didnt he mention california law? and you are in.....illinois...didnt realize resoprocity had been mutated so badly. "

My view of free speech, aside from it not being the issue (AT ALL) in this case, is that if you want to assert that as a right then you've got to have a remote clue how to use the language. lol

Seriously are they using some alternate language or typing with mittens on?

The person claiming to be AMC rep. Its fake. Someone trollin'.

You really think so?

Unauthorized practice of law is a criminal act punishable by jail time.

Did that site publish the letter itself that they received?

The person claiming to be AMC rep. Its fake. Someone trollin'.

You really think so?

Unauthorized practice of law is a criminal act punishable by jail time.

Did that site publish the letter itself that they received?

they didn't show the letter itself, just the gist of it

Ok. I saw that small post.

It's not beyond the realm of plausibility that they may have received a C&D if they published something that was never released and not intended for dissemination.

I've seen perfectly legit C&D's for far less.

I just think it's horse caca. I would not have responded to that e-mail and simply ignored it, blocked the sender and awaited "official" correspondence.

It's easy enough to check without ignoring it outright. Ignoring a C&D is pretty dangerous with the potential cost involved.

It sound like that email came with a letter attached. It's easy enough to look up the state bar registration of the attorney or firm on the letterhead to see if it's a real entity.

If it's a real entity they aren't sending frivolous letters, they could get in massive trouble for doing so.

Maybe AMC should be more worried about their programs not being offered on Verizons analogue cable and/or FIOS networks anymore. I'd be surprised if that happens, but is anyone else afraid that it will? I don't know too much about it, besides that I to deal with an annoying crawl every 10 minutes suggesting that this may happen while watching "The Dead" last week.