• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

i may be off base here, but i think the Governor will not be killed until the end of Season 4. That being said, we are 25% "done" with the Governor Arc.

Plenty of things left "to happen"

I think he's def going to hang until next season. Predicting the real finale will be the unveiling of his truly evil side (something crazy and a cliffhanger). My 2c

now that Guv is missing an eye, I think he will reappear with a black eyepatch and assume a closer resemblance to the comics Guv. And I think he will be a bit more angry and unhinged... and hopefully meet his end like in the comics... no need for him to stick around unless the show will last a decade or so. Too much more left to uncover from the comics.

and Carls a lot cooler on the show than the comics huh? Becoming a stone cold survivor. If we get to Negan, Negan's reaction to Carl will make a lot of sense.

Do "they" host back-episodes on amc.com, or somewhere where I can watch last nights episode for free?

Well... There are not legal sources but you can always try torrents? Also there is going to be some huge marathon occurring on or around new years eve/day on AMC from what they were saying last night. I DVRed the first 8 episodes and refuse to delete until I decide to watch again. Hopefully the blu-ray special edition they release next year is as cool as this years "RV Zombie".

Edited by Colicab

Do "they" host back-episodes on amc.com, or somewhere where I can watch last nights episode for free?

outside of torrents or on demand with the cable systems, there are no other free ways online. they keep pushing that they are available on itunes, so they are obviously trying to make people pay to see them online :tonofbricks:

For those who think Michonne's role on the show has been lackluster, and claim how badass and awesome she was in the comic (she was for the record) compared to the television show, I don't think you're remembering Michonne in the comic correctly.

In the comic:

- she's show up the prison and says only a few words.

- Andrea find her talking to herself.

- She goes down on Tyreese, knowing he's with Carol.

- Inadvertently causes a fight (between Rick and Tyreese)

- Leaves with Rick and Glen after the chopper, not saying much.

- In Woodbury immediately attacks Governor after she cuts off Rick's hand

So far in the show, she's in some way done all of these things. (except for sucking Tyreese's ____).

She's awesome on the show, I think Danai Gurira plays the role well.

By the end of season 3 I think either Merle or Darryl will be dead, and it will be a Kane and Abel kind of death for sure. Brother will murder a brother.

This was a really good episode.

I am actually okay with the character of Michonne on film actually. I wasn't too happy with the Governor's TV character till the last 5 minutes of last night's episode so hopefully Kirkman will deliver finally the Governor fans want.

Governor should finally start to resemble his true comic self because you can tell at the end of the episode he looked crazy and filled with hate. Thank God. :headbang:

outside of torrents or on demand with the cable systems, there are no other free ways online. they keep pushing that they are available on itunes, so they are obviously trying to make people pay to see them online :tonofbricks:

I don't trust torrents, I'm always worried that my computer will become infected with viruses from them.

But, On Demand may be the solution. I have that through my cable company. I never use it though, so I forgot to think of it.

I'll have to check that out once they turn my service back on/re-program my set-top box/whatever they have to do.

Hopefully that will happen today and I won't have to do any more arguing with cable product vendor people, or bashing things around the house out of frustration.

By the end of season 3 I think either Merle or Darryl will be dead, and it will be a Kane and Abel kind of death for sure. Brother will murder a brother.

This was a really good episode.

I am actually okay with the character of Michonne on film actually. I wasn't too happy with the Governor's TV character till the last 5 minutes of last night's episode so hopefully Kirkman will deliver finally the Governor fans want.

Governor should finally start to resemble his true comic self because you can tell at the end of the episode he looked crazy and filled with hate. Thank God. :headbang:

This would make for good TV!

:popcorn:

My 2c

I'm going to rewatch it tonight. I'm glad they are doing some things differently to keep it fresh for the fans (be honest, if it was a carbon copy of the comics it wouldn't be as appealing - we'd all know what was going to happen). With that said, I am a little disappointed the Gov. up to this point is a little chumpish (was hardcore in the books). Michonne's character is a little disappointing as well.

I guess it's true what they say. If you read the book, the movie is a let down. At least we (for the most part) have experienced TWD in its true form. Overall, I do enjoy both mediums of TWD (just hate the wait until February now).

Oh, what the heck is Andrea's character doing? That is just a weird varation for me since she was so intregral to the group in defending the prison. I guess we'll find out. (thumbs u

Ryan

Great post Ryan - post of this thread by a mile.

We all get soooo confused as to what we want.

We want the Gov - the real Gov, but not the sadistic multiple rapes.

We want Michonne to need a reason to kill the Gov ( despite being chased by 4 of his goons sent to kill her - did everyone forget that? lol) - but not be so violently assaulted.

Hell we would all settle for the actress to be able to act - my god she is terrible!

We want the prison to be full of crops,hot water,power for TV nights, 3 lines of fences,and vehicles in the garage.

What we have is 2 sets, no armoury, infirmary or garage.

We want Woodbury to be a threat - how??

It's full of oldies, kids and civil servants - the vatos would be living in Woodbury in 10 minutes.

We want the national guard armory - we get 10 trained,hardened soldiers killed in 40 seconds.

I really loved season 3's up-tempo beat, but I am starting to worry that a period of the comic that went from, what 16 - 48 (?) - is going to be done in 16 episodes.

I know I have said this before - but it's almost like Kirkman cannot wait to go on a completely "non-comic' storyline as soon as possible.

This was ok tonight (2 days after you guys) but it could have been so much,much better.

Lastly.

Did "Shane" need some beer money?

What the hell as the point of that!

Thoughts, as always are welcome! :whee:

Even Keanu Reeves has more facial expressions than her :facepalm:

Yes, because as we all know, the Michonne of the comics was a song and dance gal, always cracking a joke and singing a song.

I see your :facepalm:

and raise you

facepalm-big.jpg

That would actually mean Danai Gurira has no facial expressions.

Yes, because as we all know, the Michonne of the comics was a song and dance gal, always cracking a joke and singing a song.

I see your :facepalm:

and raise you

facepalm-big.jpg

It's so big! :o