• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I have to think the word "zombie" is a generic term that is not owned by anyone.

Maybe i'm wrong. It's just one thing that sticks in my mind when I watch the show.

Someone just say Zombie already!

I can't wait to see the show that features an elite para-military fighting force that is highly trained and executes its raids/runs into the outside world with stunning precision, stripping houses and businesses bare of all essentials, dispatching zombies with alacrity, and moving from one well-guarded and defended location to another, meeting up with other like-minded groups along the way and growing ever stronger, until the zombie horde has been ultimately defeated....No emotions, no weakness, no uncertainties. NOW THAT'S A SHOW!!

Wait, no. That's not what I want at all.

But I think that is what those who hate the Walking Dead TV show want, based on the negative posts I read here and elsewhere. Am I close?

(shrug)

I enjoyed the last show. Only scene that made me laugh and shake my head was when they meet the new couple and they call the zombies "skin eaters"

Why can't anyone call them zombies? It's like the word didn't exist before the apocalypse occurred.

I like how whenever new people call them something other than walkers, Rick says "Well we call them walkers" like it's the only correct term for them :facepalm:

I enjoyed the last show. Only scene that made me laugh and shake my head was when they meet the new couple and they call the zombies "skin eaters"

Why can't anyone call them zombies? It's like the word didn't exist before the apocalypse occurred.

I like how whenever new people call them something other than walkers, Rick says "Well we call them walkers" like it's the only correct term for them :facepalm:

lol Ricktatorship

lol Ricktatorship

Ricktatochip

lol Ricktatorship

Ricktatochip

yummy........

I have to think the word "zombie" is a generic term that is not owned by anyone.

Maybe i'm wrong. It's just one thing that sticks in my mind when I watch the show.

Someone just say Zombie already!

I remember Kirkman saying that in this "universe" the word zombie never existed.

But what do I know :shrug:

I just watched a couple Season 4 episodes again. No matter where the show goes from here it's been a GREAT ride and I hope this show has set the bar for some future shows. Some can criticize it but what did you really expect and how much better could it be?

And after the disappointment that was Dexter here's hoping when it does end that it follows in the footsteps of Breaking Bad or 6 Feet Under (or even how Dexter should have ended)

I just watched a couple Season 4 episodes again. No matter where the show goes from here it's been a GREAT ride and I hope this show has set the bar for some future shows. Some can criticize it but what did you really expect and how much better could it be?

I'm along for the ride too. I love it so much. 95% of the episodes I like a lot.

Like James J said, "I'll go down with the ship" if need be. But the ships not sinking, seems to be floating across the water. lol

Anyone that hasn't read the comic loves this show.

And that's most the viewers.

So those that have read the comic do not?

For me that's the case. But that's how it always works for me. There are very few movies or shows that have come close to the experience of reading it.

Really it goes both ways. If I watch something first, I have a difficult time getting into the book.