• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I was expecting...

the dead would take over the yard and when Darryl's crew gets back, them fighting to get into the prison. Everyone makes it inside except Tyrese, whom they have to lock out because he's hopelessly swarmed. Then after they get a group together to try to clear out the yard, they kick open the door to find Tyrese sitting next to a pile of zombies.

Last night's episode was good, but they missed an opportunity to showcase someone other than Rick, Darryl or Carl. My biggest complaint about the show is that Michonne and Tyrese have such incredible rolls in the comics and they wouldn't even be missed if they die on the TV show.

Great episode but...

I'm not sure I'm happy he is back

I think we'll have an episode explaining his return, where he's been, etc. Then probably another episode dedicated to the diffusing the Carol situation. We've got a few weeks until the action kicks in, right?

Very dissapointed with the show in general, story line seems to go around in circles, with people placing themselves in "zombie" kill areas, it seems the fence issue would have everybody not just a few, trying to fix it,

Michonne is the biggest waste of a character, in TV history, IMHO, and I'm not a fan of the comics, but she a big bad that has been reduced to scenery.

Just think the entire story line could be tighter and or better,

sorry

B

Very dissapointed with the show in general, story line seems to go around in circles, with people placing themselves in "zombie" kill areas, it seems the fence issue would have everybody not just a few, trying to fix it,

Michonne is the biggest waste of a character, in TV history, IMHO, and I'm not a fan of the comics, but she a big bad that has been reduced to scenery.

sorry

B

No worries, it's not for everyone

sorry

B

If it makes you feel any better, Michonne decapitated about 768 walkers last week, some were lopped off two at a time. :foryou:

Great episode but...

I'm not sure I'm happy he is back

I think we'll have an episode explaining his return, where he's been, etc. Then probably another episode dedicated to the diffusing the Carol situation. We've got a few weeks until the action kicks in, right?

I think the next episode is the show equivalent of issue 43 where you catch up with the Governor. Probably won't have "Kill them all!" at the end but definitely looked like a flashback type episode from the trailer

I was expecting...

the dead would take over the yard and when Darryl's crew gets back, them fighting to get into the prison. Everyone makes it inside except Tyrese, whom they have to lock out because he's hopelessly swarmed. Then after they get a group together to try to clear out the yard, they kick open the door to find Tyrese sitting next to a pile of zombies.

Last night's episode was good, but they missed an opportunity to showcase someone other than Rick, Darryl or Carl. My biggest complaint about the show is that Michonne and Tyrese have such incredible rolls in the comics and they wouldn't even be missed if they die on the TV show.

Er...they showcased Hershel last night...

I wonder if he's buying it next week on his road trip (who did he leave with?) and this was his grand hurrah?

sorry

B

In a zombie apocolypse... you go camping, there will be zombies, you go shopping, there will be zombies, you fix a fence, there will be zombies, you go for a walk, there will be zombies, you have a job to do, there will be zombies, you come home tired and hungry, there's probably going to be zombies.

More to your point though I don't think this genre has ever really been done without people tempting fate several times over, otherwise there are never really any "oh mess" moments... like at the start where Rick is going into Atlanta and even though he has seen droves of zombies before whilst staying with Morgan instead of saying nope and getting the hell out of there he pushes on telling the horse it will "be ok". Sure it's as transparent as hell but it drives the action, which is fun as long as you can forgive some of the impossible shooting skills ;)

(shrug)

I haven't caught up yet but and steadily chewing my way through it properly (as I have only seen a scattered handful of episodes previously) and I have to say I am really enjoying it. My only dislike is the feeling that some of the character deaths were not as hard hitting as the comic book storyline so far, but the general dynamics have been good. People on the path to damnation no matter how good their intentions, some on the path to redemption no matter how indifferent they try and be, and all the other types a plenty inbetween. However, even though I like the strong motivations the characters have (which allows me to suspend a little more disbelief) I can see how someone who is not a fan of the comic may just see it as all too predictable. My wife who I have been watching it with has been triumphantly calling out what will happen next quite accurately. As a fan of the comic who has re-read it multiple times I don't really think about the fact that what I am seeing doesn't surprise me.