• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

We don't know how much time difference there is between them being in the pit and the Gov standing alone outside the prison walls at the end of the last episode, i.e., "now".

He might be the only one left from that group. :eek:

I don't think the Gov is a "do it yourself" kinda guy. If he's back, rest assured he's got an army with him.

We don't know how much time difference there is between them being in the pit and the Gov standing alone outside the prison walls at the end of the last episode, i.e., "now".

I don't think the Gov is a "do it yourself" kinda guy. If he's back, rest assured he's got an army with him.

My guess - he tried his best to get the women somewhere safe. He failed, goes crazy all over again, and re-takes over the group that abandoned him.

-slym

Agreed. I still think that the little skirmish last season wasn't the real prison attack. I think the full on assault led by the Governor will happen this year.

It's episodes like last night's that make the show a legitimate television series. Incredible storytelling.

At first I said it was boring. I just kinda expect much more, and that's were I fault. I need to just sit back and relax and take it all in, even if it is a long hour of story telling.

But it was after all a great episode. I really did enjoy it.

I think last night's episode is going to set up the internal struggle the Gov will encounter as he joins up with the new group. It looks as if they murder and loot other groups as they move along. He knows this is not right, but he is going to do anything he can to protect the little girl.

Maybe he loses his head along the way and we see glimpses of the Woodbury Gov cropping to the surface, but the viewer will now understand his motivations. This is something that was not entirely clear last season. Sure they made mention of his past, but it was hard to relate.

If/when he dies, it will be warranted. However, it won't be as black and white like it was in the comics, where he was legitimately an evil, evil man and needed to die. Gimple and the writers have given us a complex character whose actions will warrant death, but also one who we can sympathize or at the very least emphasize with his motivations.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Isn't the new group his old group (the guys that left him behind)?

It looked to only be Martinez. I think those two guys met have built a small army during the time the Governor was in processed meat rehab.

I don't know if they left him behind. I think he left them behind and just went off on his own.

They were gone when he woke up the morning after Martinez killed the walker in the fire.

On Talking Dead they discussed the motivations for leaving the Governor behind.

I don't know if they left him behind. I think he left them behind and just went off on his own.

They were gone when he woke up the morning after Martinez killed the walker in the fire.

Where the hell was I? (shrug) I gotta watch the episode again then. I'm not sure that's what happened. Maybe I'm wrong.

Where the hell was I? (shrug) I gotta watch the episode again then. I'm not sure that's what happened. Maybe I'm wrong.

You were too busy being bored. :baiting:

You were too busy being bored. :baiting:

I redeemed myself good sir a few post back. And just to be clear I posted "boring" mid way through the show. I really did enjoy it. I just feel like they could add more and take away somethings. They could of done away with the 30 second make out session in the truck. But then what do I know?

Edited by retrothecollector

No need to re-watch

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-spoilers-governors-back-656712

"Out on the road after his two henchmen abandon him overnight, the Governor sets up camp with a new group holed up in an apartment building..."

Thought this weeks episode was awesome really like how they included a part of the novel in the series as they are so good! Even though they changed it a bit (the little girl not being Penny etc) I think they really made it work... thought the getting the Backgammon set was a bit stupid because if the lesbian sister had gone upstairs to shoot the zombies why wouldn't she have been able to get it for them?

Otherwise was awesome and definitely showed the Governor in a different light making him a much more complex character like "The Rise of the Governor" did.