• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

i'll cal it out now

Carol took Judith

lol

We should make shameless predictions and if they come true we get the cool points.

IJR Shameless Prediction:

Hershel's head will jaw over to the Gov for added vengeance

Pure win!

(Do I need a joke alert)

Where them negative Nancys at?!

::crickets::

This episode was beyond epic. I'm still jumping up and down in excitement. I want more!!

I did not like this episode. Too many reasons to list.

A few....

- Unlimited ammo.....they were shooting on full auto. If you've ever fired on full auto, you go through a 30 round clip in like 4 seconds. They were firing full ammo for minutes! lol

- Everyone before is an expert shot to the head, but now no one can hit anyone (exception those being killed are the nobodies)

- If Guv wanted to really just kill Rick and gang he could have easily sat with some of his guys in the woods and taken them out one at a time while they were gardening, etc.

- He should have killed Michonne right away and just had Hershel out there.

- It was too quick from getting his gang riled up to attack the prison then the next moment they are sitting right outside without anyone in the prison hearing the dang tank drive up.

- How did the Guvs chick make it to the prison, how did she know where it was?

- Daryl had a scope on his rifle and he couldnt have taken a shot at the Guv? Guv goes down and the rest of his peeps would scatter.

That's about it for now. Too bad Hershel was gone but I figured he was gonna be toast sooner than later.

Oh yea! File cabinets, cars, and buses all deflect bullets!! Wow!

I put in spoilers cuz I see others have.....though I dont understand why, if you know the show comes on tonight then don't click on this thread!

Yikes....the dead walk...but guns not running out of bullets is the deal breaker. lol

That wasn't a long range scope on Daryl's rifle, it was a holographic sight. That was a short barrel AR, it and its holographic (which most likely didn't work because it runs on batteries) are designed for 25 feet and closer combat. Anything outside that range is a shoot. He might come within 2 feet at 50 yards but any closer is going to be a stretch and that sight is useless at that distance.

I actually thought they did a decent job on the ammo this episode. When Darryl is firing the AR15 he is using the magazines (Magpul) with the see through window that lets you know how many rounds are left. You could see the rounds being fed then going to slide lock right when it was supposed too.

I would argue disagree with the comment about the scope though. It is the type with a holographic sight (EOTech) with no magnification but it is extremely accurate at 100 yard shots. That shot with the stable platform that he had, with the element of time on his side, is extremely doable and not a crapshoot at all.

Opening scene of episode 9: katana through Hershel's head ala Tyreese in the books?

Are Talking Dead's included on the DVDs/Blu Rays? I'd never really watched them before this season but am kinda geekin' out on them over the last few weeks.

BTW, for those who missed TD, WD returns Sunday, February 9th.

Where them negative Nancys at?!

::crickets::

This episode was beyond epic. I'm still jumping up and down in excitement. I want more!!

I did not like this episode. Too many reasons to list.

A few....

- Unlimited ammo.....they were shooting on full auto. If you've ever fired on full auto, you go through a 30 round clip in like 4 seconds. They were firing full ammo for minutes! lol

- Everyone before is an expert shot to the head, but now no one can hit anyone (exception those being killed are the nobodies)

- If Guv wanted to really just kill Rick and gang he could have easily sat with some of his guys in the woods and taken them out one at a time while they were gardening, etc.

- He should have killed Michonne right away and just had Hershel out there.

- It was too quick from getting his gang riled up to attack the prison then the next moment they are sitting right outside without anyone in the prison hearing the dang tank drive up.

- How did the Guvs chick make it to the prison, how did she know where it was?

- Daryl had a scope on his rifle and he couldnt have taken a shot at the Guv? Guv goes down and the rest of his peeps would scatter.

That's about it for now. Too bad Hershel was gone but I figured he was gonna be toast sooner than later.

Oh yea! File cabinets, cars, and buses all deflect bullets!! Wow!

I put in spoilers cuz I see others have.....though I dont understand why, if you know the show comes on tonight then don't click on this thread!

Yikes....the dead walk...but guns not running out of bullets is the deal breaker. lol

That wasn't a long range scope on Daryl's rifle, it was a holographic sight. That was a short barrel AR, it and its holographic (which most likely didn't work because it runs on batteries) are designed for 25 feet and closer combat. Anything outside that range is a shoot. He might come within 2 feet at 50 yards but any closer is going to be a stretch and that sight is useless at that distance.

I actually thought they did a decent job on the ammo this episode. When Darryl is firing the AR15 he is using the magazines (Magpul) with the see through window that lets you know how many rounds are left. You could see the rounds being fed then going to slide lock right when it was supposed too.

I would argue disagree with the comment about the scope though. It is the type with a holographic sight (EOTech) with no magnification but it is extremely accurate at 100 yard shots. That shot with the stable platform that he had, with the element of time on his side, is extremely doable and not a crapshoot at all.

I have one...it only works with batteries and sighted in properly. Darryl just pulled that out of the laundry hamper. Also that was a 16" barrel not a great combo for snipering

lol, I have one too ;) Your right that if the battery is dead and/or not sighted in then it is basically an ornament. I like to assume being the badass redneck that he is, that he makes sure those guns are ready to go! :) Even with the shorter barrel (if the eotech was working) I think it is a very doable shot for him with the time he had.

Either way, that was a fantastic episode. I think my favorite part was the little badass girl that put one right between the eyes of that woman without hesitating.

Spoiler tag is not needed for the following because if you haven't seen the mid season finale by now, well that's on you:

I think Michonne has Judith. She disappeared after she stabbed the Gov. she had that emotional connection with her when she held her so perhaps she saw her there and swoop her up to save her because what else could she have been doing?!? She loves a battle yet was nowhere to be found?!?.

I also think that because she has Judith, she's gonna end up crossing paths with Tyrese and the kids. Ty and her can protect the kids while one of them takes care of Judith.

Spoiler tag is not needed for the following because if you haven't seen the mid season finale by now, well that's on you:

I think Michonne has Judith. She disappeared after she stabbed the Gov. she had that emotional connection with her when she held her so perhaps she saw her there and swoop her up to save her because what else could she have been doing?!? She loves a battle yet was nowhere to be found?!?.

I also think that because she has Judith, she's gonna end up crossing paths with Tyrese and the kids. Ty and her can protect the kids while one of them takes care of Judith.

Interesting!

Interesting!

+1 hm

I just wanna know what's in Bob's Box!

IMO I think it was another rat...

Bob's the one dissecting them. He's a doctor who may be looking for a reason as to why the rats did not turn and humans did. Not like it would work, but he's a doctor and it may have piqued his scientific curiosity.

I don't think it was one of the girls because...well why would it be nicely presented with none of the internal organs ruined? If the kids were complete psychopaths, they would have rats with crushed heads hanging around the room.

Just my two cents.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Bob's the one dissecting them. He's a doctor who may be looking for a reason as to why the rats did not turn and humans did. Not like it would work, but he's a doctor and it may have piqued his scientific curiosity.

I don't think it was one of the girls because...well why would it be nicely presented with none of the internal organs ruined? If the kids were complete psychopaths, they would have rats with crushed heads hanging around the room.

Just my two cents.

It is interesting, but why keep it a secret?

Just to make the viewers wonder?

Just my two cents.

It is interesting, but why keep it a secret?

Just to make the viewers wonder?

And to tune in the following week or after a hiatus.

Here's another article about TWD show, but this one comes from a "not so impressed with it" point of view...

http://tv.msn.com/walking-dead-is-in-lost-mode/story/

Just finished reading that article, not sure the author gets the point of this show based on this sentence:

The AMC zombie drama has also become a show about a band of survivors getting separated, thrown back together, kicked out of their home, finding a new one.

What do you expect a bunch of people trying to avoid being munched on by the undead to do? (shrug)