• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

ehhhh same old same old.

Rick yelling at Carl, supply run, and Michonne cutting zombie heads off.

Sorry another throw away episode.

Hopefully they don't spend most of the season searching others I.e. first half of season two looking for Sophia.

I think that was a result of the blowup with Darabont. May see stuff stretched out over two episodes but doubt we'll see it ever go that long.

ehhhh same old same old.

Rick yelling at Carl, supply run, and Michonne cutting zombie heads off.

Sorry another throw away episode.

lol

Thinking back on the episode we had some wonderful set ups for this season and some great revelations and well written scenes.

1) Michonne's back story, revealing her motivations, history, and character evolution in a way we've never seen before.

2) Carl's evolution, feeling he can do anything, to blaming his father for failing, to his hurbris almost getting himself killed, to the realization that it's not so easy, that he does need his father, that no one is perfect, and (especially in this world) people need each other.

3) The sense of safety and security that some people complained about in the last season is gone. The characters are laid low, scattered, on the run, low on food, water, shelter and weapons. The danger level is exponentially increased across the board. There was a real sense of suspense and danger in last night's episode.

For anyone that didn't enjoy it, I would like to hear what they would have done differently to make it "better". I'd also suggest that, instead of looking past the scenes they are watching, they think about what the characters are saying and doing and why. People miss so much of the meat of these shows "waiting for X to happen" instead of immersing themselves into the narrative.

To paraphrase the Beatles: "The Walking Dead is what happens while you're waiting for 'your" Walking Dead to occur."

All I know from last night (which I gave a 6/10), was that at least Michonne will be taking a greater role similar to her time in the comics given the fact that Rick can't even stand up. Michonne's been playing second fiddle to Daryl for way too long. Excited for her to be a bad finally. Even my wife was really excited about her progression last night.

If we didn't have the book for reference .. Certain things would be more :o

That said, think about it if you didn't have the book.. Last nights episode was really really good.

i think that could be said about most of the hate that the show gets here. Members spoiled by the book.

I thought the episode last night was great, for many reasons:

1. The split between humor and horror. When Carl tries to plow through the front door of the house only to fall on his face. He almost gets bit, but leaves the note on the door. Then eats the pudding on the roof with the zombie in window. lol

2. Character development. Carl remembers facets of being a child (video games) but is also struggling with having to be self dependent.

We finally get (some) back story on Michonne. All I could think about when she was walking with those roamers was "What We Become". Michonne sees the zombie that looks like her, that could BE her, and she gets pissed off at her past and how things unfolded.

3. It was pretty damn close to the source material.

All in all I thought it was one of the better episodes I've seen. And it made me dislike Chandler Riggs just a little less!