• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay problem

134 posts in this topic

I don't remember any Ebay rule that said you couldn't dictate your own terms. What they used to suggest was you wait 3 business days (please post a link if this have become a real rule, I am not a seller). The way I read it, just because you have to wait 4 days to send a reminder doesn't mean that's the minimum time limit for receiving payment. What the seller should've done is use the "immediate payment required" option if he's going to be so anal about it.

But if the auction said "payment must be received in 3 days" and the buyer waited 4, the buyer is in the wrong.

Also, it is possible for a seller to require immediate payment on a Buy It Now purchase.

You two posting back to back gave me THE MOST incredible sense of deja vu.....

:cloud9:

I don't remember any Ebay rule that said you couldn't dictate your own terms. What they used to suggest was you wait 3 business days (please post a link if this have become a real rule, I am not a seller). The way I read it, just because you have to wait 4 days to send a reminder doesn't mean that's the minimum time limit for receiving payment. What the seller should've done is use the "immediate payment required" option if he's going to be so anal about it.

But if the auction said "payment must be received in 3 days" and the buyer waited 4, the buyer is in the wrong.

Also, it is possible for a seller to require immediate payment on a Buy It Now purchase.

You two posting back to back gave me THE MOST incredible sense of deja vu.....

:cloud9:

:o:signfunny:

You are good. He mentioned nothing about wanting payment early anyway.

And even if he did, you still have a minimum of 4 days just as kryptospidey says.

Worst part is he DID pay,and the seller now has his funds,and relisted the book...at least that's what i understand.

How is it even possible that Ebay would allow this? I would be calling consistantly until i spoke with the "right" agent... 2c

Great question! How could it be possible?

Answer: It's not, because this guy is LYING.

He DID NOT PAY.

I wrote him after three days of NO CONTACT from him:

Dear timf734,

This is a popular book that will sell. I assume you have no intention to pay for the book. I will relist it tonight.

- Doc Wyoming.

He sent a bunch of whiney complaints about his 'pay pal' being down.'

Read it here:

Dear doctorwyoming,

you assume wrong. I had a problem with paypal and it will be fixed in the morning. At that time payment will go out.

thanks

Tim

- timf734

Notice here in this thread he makes a DIFFERENT EXCUSE:

"I won an auction and missed paying it while doing my other transactions. Three days later I paid for it but checked my messages and see alot of negative things being said by the seller."

He claims he was busy with other transactions. Presumably using Paypal, right?

Well, which is it? Busy using paypal or a problem with Pay Pal being unusable?

And, if he himself is saying he had a problem with Pay pal, then he's clearly admitting that HE DIDN'T PAY. How is he having a problem using his paypal to make a payment and making a payment?

Then on the 25th, he writes:

Dear doctorwyoming,

i tried never mind then, once you relist it then i pay tomorrow it will show you as a bad ebayer and i tried to work it out and they will freeze your account once i file a dispute showing you are selling a book that has been sold checking the cgc#. Even after cancelling your request to cancel the transaction.This will list you as a fraudulent person and you lose. So make your choice wisely.

- timf734

Read that part in bold, where he says HE'S GOING TO PAY TOMORROW.

In other words, he didn't pay.

The morning of the 26th comes... and guess what? STILL NO PAYMENT.

This guy NEVER PAID for the book.

I'm guessing I made that clear at this point!

And he's contradicted himself all over the place. The guy's a liar.

So, that's why I can relist. He didn't pay, he's a deadbeat a a liar.

Ok, even if he didn't pay you, you still come off as a grade A person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. Good luck with whatever happens. Btw, PGX and CGC aren't even close to the same thing, check your listings.

I won an auction and missed paying it while doing my other transactions. Three days later I paid for it but checked my messages and see alot of negative things being said by the seller. When I get to the last email it says he is going to relist the item which he did and is selling the book that I already paid for. I emailed him and he says the transaction was cancelled even though i paid him for it, and i hit the continue transaction when he tried to cancel it. He hasn't refunded the transaction amount, so is he contractually obligated to ship it to me still? Who do I contact for help?

You've been exposed as a liar. Read above.

You never paid. Why are you here lying about this? I'm guessing you didn't expect to see me here.

Dear DoctorWyoming,

Are you a real doctor? If so, what is your area of specialization?

Do you really live in Wyoming? If so, why?

Yours truly,

Dice

Ok, even if he didn't pay you, you still come off as a grade A person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. Good luck with whatever happens. Btw, PGX and CGC aren't even close to the same thing, check your listings.

He didn't pay. And he's here lying about it.

The book is CGC.

Dear DoctorWyoming,

Yours truly,

Dice

Doctor: yes.

In Wyoming: Not at present!

Dear DoctorWyoming,

If you don't live in Wyoming, wouldn't your title be a little misleading?

Perhaps you could change your name to DoctorWhyoming?

Yours truly,

Dice

That's a common reference used on Ebay.

Take a look:

144 results found for pgx/cgc

Of course PGX is not CGC, it's placed in the listing so that people who are looking for slabbed books might stumble onto the listing and consider buying the book, provided it goes for WAY LESS than a CGC slabbed book.

I state it clearly here:

It has been PGX graded 8.0 and has the second Harry Osborn as Green Goblin.

Dear DoctorWyoming,

Yours truly,

Dice

Doctor: yes.

In Wyoming: Not at present!

Dear DoctorWyoming,

If you don't live in Wyoming, wouldn't your title be a little misleading?

Perhaps you could change your name to DoctorWhyoming?

Yours truly,

Dice

Heheh... I should.

I started using the handle when it was accurate.... I think DoctorNewJersey or DoctorFlorida (shudder) wouldn't sound as good however....

Well it sure feels like Friday around here....

Do you get the craziest posts on Friday?

Sorry if I ran off the tracks here, but this guy was a real pest. He refused to pay, all the while ranting about how he was going to pay.... the deadline for relisting was the 26th, the day past without payment.

And then I come here and he's not only giving his dishonest take on the matter, he's claiming he paid!

I would hope that as much as he might be someone's buddy here, that he'd get called on lying and blaming others....

Anyway, thanks for reading...

Dear timf734,

This is a popular book that will sell. I assume you have no intention to pay for the book. I will relist it tonight.

You waited three whole days before making the assumption that he wouldn't pay, and that the book should automatically be relisted? :eyeroll:

Take a look:

Of course PGX is not CGC, it's placed in the listing so that people who are looking for slabbed books might stumble onto the listing and consider buying the book, provided it goes for WAY LESS than a CGC slabbed book.

I state it clearly here:

Common doesn't make it right. If one is searching for "CGC", they are not looking for "PGX".

If one is searching for "shoes", they are not looking for "socks".

Two different things no matter how you wish to justify it, and it's pure keyword spamming.

Dear timf734,

You waited three whole days before making the assumption that he wouldn't pay, and that the book should automatically be relisted? :eyeroll:

Sorry if you find that impatient/annoying. But he didn't even attempt to contact me.

Does it concern you at all that he lied about paying me? And that his excuse to me contradicts the excuses/claims he made here?

Take a look:

I state it clearly here:

Common doesn't make it right. If one is searching for "CGC", they are not looking for "PGX".

If one is searching for "shoes", they are not looking for "socks".

Two different things no matter how you wish to justify it, and it's pure keyword spamming.

I noted the use by others. If it really bothers you, I'll change it. I want to fit in and be accepted by the serious collectors.

Anyway, my use of PGX/CGC:

The point is to attract people who want rated books and who aren't overly concerned with who did the rating. I know that on this site, PGX is THE DEVIL but not everyone sees it that way.

I'm thinking that this guy here is better known than me, and that the tide will go against me in this thread. The presumption will be that I'm dishonest. But he's lying here, and his claim that he paid when he didn't is pretty dishonest. I think it goes past whatever 'wrongdoing' you might think I've committed.

Well it sure feels like Friday around here....

Do you get the craziest posts on Friday?

Sorry if I ran off the tracks here, but this guy was a real pest. He refused to pay, all the while ranting about how he was going to pay.... the deadline for relisting was the 26th, the day past without payment.

And then I come here and he's not only giving his dishonest take on the matter, he's claiming he paid!

I would hope that as much as he might be someone's buddy here, that he'd get called on lying and blaming others....

Anyway, thanks for reading...

First off..WTTB(Welcome to the boards),a customary HELLO!

Second,YES..Fridays around here are like a perpetual FULL-MOON...you just never know what to expect.

Third..can't wait to see where this thread leads...