• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happens if CGC loses a book???

63 posts in this topic

A theory between some people back then in pm was maybe in part it was because it was an eerie #1 a book they dont grade and it wasn't confirmed if it was authentic or not

I would garner a guess that the above, coupled with the value being put down as $100, is the reason CGC offered what they did. Very few authentic copies have come to light, but a ton of repros have.

CGC originally offered $50 of the $100 that was listed on the form. The difference sure is on the lcs but I am talking about what was listed in which CGC offered HALF in the beginning. It wasn't until multiple calls that that was rectified. Now is it clear in your head of why I stated half.

Also I don't even think they got the full $100. I can easily find out tomorrow when I go by the store.

You're really not getting this, are you? I honestly don't care about the specific instance surrounding your LCS, their Eerie ashcan & CGC. For all I know, your LCS could have put $50 on the form, CGC could have mis-read the number, or your LCS could be lying to you here. It just doesn't matter.

What I do care about is you making blanket statements similar to the one you've repeated a couple of times now - because I, from personal first-hand experience with this situation, know that what you're saying is incorrect.

That's it, really.

And its not second hand info when I am sitting their listening to one of the calls.

edit: Actually I was standing on the other side of the desk while they where sitting in front of their computer on the phone with them.

And, actually, that's pretty much the definition of second-hand information :gossip:

Wrong!

If I hear the conversation it is first hand. Second hand would be being told at a later date.

Why would I lie about this because that is what you are saying between the lines. Why would my lcs need to lie to me about this on top of that. I brought this situation up awhile back with the full details while fresh in my mind even after having a discussion with an other board member about this happening.

I also brought it straight to the boards back then while it was happening with the numbers.

Don't you think if I was lieing about this certain situation one of the mods would come out and straight say I am lieing back then and now.

On top of that its your personal experience. That doesn't mean that this situation did not happen.

Thats how I came to what I said because even though it got rectified later from the beginning of that incident they where offered $50 and I had to listen to the owners that where upset right after that call saying it was half the value. After that I did not witness the rest other then what they told me which was second hand but they said they came to an agreement with CGC finally after a few calls and that they had to out of pocket give the rest of the money to the guy. From the beginning they where offered half the value written on the sheet which even a CGC employee admitted while on the phone call along with the discussion about the two tracking numbers.

It is you that doesn't get it.

Anyways I am done with this conversation with you because its like talking to a brick wall.

Go bully someone else mr I am always right and you are always wrong.

A theory between some people back then in pm was maybe in part it was because it was an eerie #1 a book they dont grade and it wasn't confirmed if it was authentic or not

I would garner a guess that the above, coupled with the value being put down as $100, is the reason CGC offered what they did. Very few authentic copies have come to light, but a ton of repros have.

Yeah it was my understanding it was a very hard book to get and why there was so much fuss.

Rule #1. When you're in a hole, stop digging.

Yeah well I don't like being called a liar which is what he is basically doing.

He just tried the same stuff with me in the bronze age pressing thread when I brought up something.

I am getting tired of it from him.

The guy paid $400 for it but because of the way the form was filled out from my understanding of $100 CGC only at that time was going to give $50.

If the guy paid $400 for it, why on earth did the LCS put FMV as $100? And to be honest, I wouldn't trust a middle man telling me what somebody else has offered in compensation.

Anyone else want to go for the bully bandwagon ride jump on. Giddyup horses!

Just showing your true colours!!!

you do know you are on the cgc message board and everyone knows that CGC takes care of these issues in a legit way when they occur...it is part of the reason that everyone likes them...now they may not like for people to talk about what happened in the first place, but they always make folks right. your story is weak to begin with and goes against every other instance everyone has heard of...so yeah it might be true, but no one here is ever going to believe you.

The guy paid $400 for it but because of the way the form was filled out from my understanding of $100 CGC only at that time was going to give $50.

If the guy paid $400 for it, why on earth did the LCS put FMV as $100? And to be honest, I wouldn't trust a middle man telling me what somebody else has offered in compensation.

I don't know why they did it. I can only make assumptions as to why they did but one would be we are up in Canada and may have to do with the cost of shipping back. I really don't know that is a guess.

Was the book authentic I don't know. I know the guy payed $400 for it and was just trying to get it graded. I would think if you are going to pay out $400 for a book you better know its authentic.

And seriously the so called middleman are very good people. I have known them for awhile now, been to barbecues, worked for them, worked for their family and I know someone else on this board that can a test to their character. They care about their customers and will always make right. I gave two such things in an earlier post. Just don't bother them on a Wednesday.

Everyone just thinks I am evil and that I am just trying to cause a problem.

Anyone else want to go for the bully bandwagon ride jump on. Giddyup horses!

Just showing your true colours!!!

you do know you are on the cgc message board and everyone knows that CGC takes care of these issues in a legit way when they occur...it is part of the reason that everyone likes them...now they may not like for people to talk about what happened in the first place, but they always make folks right. your story is weak to begin with and goes against every other instance everyone has heard of...so yeah it might be true, but no one here is ever going to believe you.

As I mentioned earlier, at a later date the situation was rectified where both parties came to a conclusion but after multiple phone calls. Also the lcs was not happy about it but dealt with it.

So not weak at all!

CGC originally offered $50 of the $100 that was listed on the form. The difference sure is on the lcs but I am talking about what was listed in which CGC offered HALF in the beginning. It wasn't until multiple calls that that was rectified. Now is it clear in your head of why I stated half.

Also I don't even think they got the full $100. I can easily find out tomorrow when I go by the store.

You're really not getting this, are you? I honestly don't care about the specific instance surrounding your LCS, their Eerie ashcan & CGC. For all I know, your LCS could have put $50 on the form, CGC could have mis-read the number, or your LCS could be lying to you here. It just doesn't matter.

What I do care about is you making blanket statements similar to the one you've repeated a couple of times now - because I, from personal first-hand experience with this situation, know that what you're saying is incorrect.

That's it, really.

And its not second hand info when I am sitting their listening to one of the calls.

edit: Actually I was standing on the other side of the desk while they where sitting in front of their computer on the phone with them.

And, actually, that's pretty much the definition of second-hand information :gossip:

Wrong!

If I hear the conversation it is first hand. Second hand would be being told at a later date.

Unless the CGC representative was on speaker phone, what CGC said to your LCS owner was info related to you second hand .

Book found!!! UPS wouldn't give me the house number, but the person on the phone said "It's on your street...however, we'll take care of it". I went door to door this morning and found it!!! Neighbors were a little embarrased since its been a month, package had my name on it, but it had their address on it. Didn't care; just glad to have it back.