• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor 156 CGC 10.0 Sells For $5,000.04

54 posts in this topic

For example...

If the current bid price is $4,500 and the high bidder's proxy bid is $5,000. You can snipe him with a proxy bid of $5,000.01 and be the winner. It would automatically jump to $5,000.01 b/c his proxy bid of $5,000 would push your proxy bid to its max which is $5,000.01.

It wasn't a case of where the high bid was already @ $5,000 and you had to place the next bid increment to win. Understand?

First transaction? Kevin, I think that whoever the 'winner' was is no stranger to Internet auctions , neither Ebay, nor Heritage. Just doesnt seem plausible that you join the Ebay fray & start front-running bids in the $4000 to $5000 range on a very specialized item. Those bids with that handle were a tool as a safety net to secure a win in excess of $5000, even if the auctioneer had to eat it himself, which means nothing in this case because having gone this route doesn't mean that there aren't other options to explore as a seller on that book off Ebay.

As far as feedback on the item goes, that can be left as well but may mean nothing, as outside observers are not priviledged to whether or not the seller will put in a "non-paying bidder" warning on that handle to negate Ebay fees on a $5000 seller fee to a shill handle and recoup the final value fee with a no fault reason such as, "buyer & seller have amicably agreed to forego the transaction".

You have to be desperate for money to sell a 9.4 141 for 25...if friggin cost about 25 to have it graded (I would have had it at 34.95, at least...no I am not kidding, I think you got a steal if you paid $25 for a 9.4 UXM 141).

Christopher H.

I don't believe the person that is selling this 10.0 book is being honest. Very suspicious as to how this auction ended. If there is some hanky panky going on its a very stupid thing to do with a book that is getting all this attention. If this seller tries selling it again at a later date they could be in serious trouble. The tax man doesn't like getting screwed. I hope that charity organization has thier license.

I also have to agree that this was poorly put up on auction. Very cheaply done. No large pictures, no highlites, no gallery, bad time to put it on. It could be the seller decided he could get more at a later date and bought it back. I'd be watching out for this book to be up for sale again. If done right, putting it up on eBay with a better auction page, could bring this comic lots more $$$$$.

I know $20,000 is a rediclus amoung to guess, but if sold right, done right, the seller could possibley make close to it. 10.0 type books are hard to come by. This book should of sold higher.

I don't believe the person that is selling this 10.0 book is being honest. Very suspicious as to how this auction ended. If there is some hanky panky going on its a very stupid thing to do with a book that is getting all this attention. If this seller tries selling it again at a later date they could be in serious trouble. The tax man doesn't like getting screwed. I hope that charity organization has thier license.

The CDLDF? I guess you've never heard of them. They're an organization devoted to defending free speech issues in comics. http://www.cbldf.org They're on the up and up. They also deserve all the support they can get. Whether or not Chuck R. (from Mile High- he donated the book to the CBLDF) is the mysterious goose egg bidder is another story entirely, but the CBLDF are legit..

I can't believe that some of the high rollers on this board didn't jump all over that book. I know the timing this close to Christmas might be a little bad, but this seemed like such an easy book to flip in a couple of months and make a couple of thousand in profit in a short amount of time. What's up wit dat? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif