• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BCC Report, With Pics and 100% Canadian Free!

32 posts in this topic

Had actual deaf mutes stop at the table. Gave them a free copy of the preview.

They probably didn't want to hear your sales pitch....

:jokealert:

Purchases:

2 $1.00 books

1 $3.00 soda

Sold:

28 Copies of Tales From The Dead

2 copies of the variant Tales (of 10 copies)

1 of the DMP Preview (from C2E2 of 50)

7 of These Terrible Times

Turning into a quite good convention for us.

I'll be on the floor tomorrow looking for some milk & cheese and daredevils.

I stopped by your booth 3 times and missed you each time Jay! :ohnoez: I got to meet Chris and Gary. Even picked up a Billy Dinh cover and got Gary and Bill to sign and remark for me :) even though i bought a graded 5x signed from you i wanted one in hand :cloud9: Sucks i didnt catch you at your booth.

I stopped by your booth 3 times and missed you each time Jay! :ohnoez: I got to meet Chris and Gary. Even picked up a Billy Dinh cover and got Gary and Bill to sign and remark for me :) even though i bought a graded 5x signed from you i wanted one in hand :cloud9: Sucks i didnt catch you at your booth.

I smoke way too much. Are you gonna be there today? Stop by again, if not pm me your addy and I'll send something nice your way.

Got the hand colored tales of the dead back. Had wrightson and niles sign it, talking with the promoter of horrorfind about getting romero and campbell to sign it and then enter into the scares that care auction for cancer research next weekend.

It was great meeting you andrew!

Too tired to post pics tonight I'll post them tomorrow. The benefit book has sigs from sara richard, bernie wrightson, steve niles, tommy castillo, billy the kidd, chris, gary and I so far. Hoping to get confirmation of romero and campbell tomorrow. Even if romero and campbell don't sign it, it's still a cool book that I look forward to donating.

Pics from the con include a spaceball giving the skrewb salute, a ghostbuster, blade and han from these boards as...wait for it....yep, harley quinn, the 501st legion, a zombie, the village people aka g.I. Joe and a bunch others.

here is the comic post coloring and pre-signatures

th_tftdcolor.jpg

Signatures on the cover now...

Steve Niles (Writer/Creator 30 days of Night)

Bernie Wrightson (Co-Creator of Swamp Thing. collaborated regularly with author Stephen King, having illustrated

The Stand, Cycle of the Werewolf, and Dark Tower V.

Bernie has worked on several well-known films, including Ghostbusters, Galaxy Quest, Spiderman, Land of the Dead, and Frank Darabont’s latest Stephen King film The Mist.

Tommy Castillo (artist for George A. Romero's Toe Tags)

Sara Richard (a great up and coming painter, her work is AMAZING!)

and the Deaf Mute Press crew:

Bill Dinh (cover artist)

Chris Forsberg (writer/artist A Safe Family)

Gary Farmer (writer Tommy Zombie)

Jay Franklin (me!) writer of black box)

Fingers crossed that Romero and Campbell will be able to sign this too so it can be a SWEET SWEET SWEET book to raise a lot of money for make a wish!

the books i bought...

Milk and cheese #2 2nd print

#3 1st and third prints

#4 3rd and 5th

#7 1st

Daredevil 1st series

#3 4.5 (raw)

#180 9.4-9.6 (raw)

Talked Ottley into doing a sketch for Ghurley, he was booked solid and squeezed the sketch in for Gordon.

My wife is in love with Templesmith now (i think) that's what i get for talking him up so much as being just a great guy (he personalized a dark days #1 for her, her name and heart). Steve Niles and Bernie Wrightson were eating lunch when i brought the book over to see if they would sign it, they both dropped everything (even though i said i would come back later) to sign the book.

Met Flying Donut for a hot second, arzach (heh heh, milk and cheese), han, chainnball, lbjarm, and now i am drawing a blank. i know there are more that i am forgetting (and i am truly sorry! i have a horrible memory).

met a lot of interesting people at the show, we had about the same amount of business on both days so i think we broke even.