• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Fan Fest - lots of pics added

57 posts in this topic

As a supplement to my Stan Lee signing experience thread, here are some pics from Friday afternoon.

I'm heading back down there this afternoon and it will likely be crazy. Fortunately, the Premium wristband and pass get you in a side door without any lineup.

I'll try and take more pics on the floor today.

In the meantime...

FRIDAY, 12:15 PM in the Premium line, looking at the even longer Deluxe line, which wound around the corner and WAY down the street.

These were the lines to pick up your pre-paid tickets. I had about 500 people in front of me in the Premium line and I made it to the ticket counter after a 2 hour wait at 2:15 pm.

DSC_0069.jpg

Bruno arrived half an hour after me, but found me in line, which meant he was able to jump the queue a little bit. Not so lucky for Marco, who arrived after we were inside the building (but still in an endless zig-zag line to pick up our tickets.

Met a gentleman and his two sons behind us in line who were from North Bay and had traveled down for the show. The father still had many of the comics from his childhood collection, and was going to get Stan to sign one of them.

Once I got on the floor at 2:15 or so, I headed straight for the Stan signing booth in the corner of the con floor. I was lucky and was probably the 100th person in line.

Once you got close to the table, the line did an "S" zig-zag. In this pic, I'm just entering the "S". Stan is signing at the far end, beneath the banner with his pic and name.

DSC_0072.jpg

One of the good things about this "S" setup, is that as your reach the first curve in the "S", you're right in front of Stan.

I'm heading down the first arm of the "S" towards the first curve. And there's Stan at the end.

DSC_0077.jpg

Bruno and Marco had the Ultimate Stan Experience package, so they were able to skip the line. Even so, they arrived at the table about a half hour after me, so we ended up getting our signatures right after each other.

Bruno and Marco, post-Stan:

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

One great thing about arriving at 2pm, you had the floor to yourself. The doors didn't open to the general public til 4pm, so the place was still very quiet.

This is taken from the Stan Lee signature table, looking across at the other VIP signature tables (all empty) and the dealer area beyond.

DSC_0074.jpg

And one last shot for today: the venerable Ernest Borgnine.

The man is [font:Arial Black]93 years old,[/font] and looked absolutely fantastic! Have to hand it to him for having the energy to do these show appearances.

DSC_0104.jpg

The man is [font:Arial Black]93 years old,[/font] and looked absolutely fantastic! Have to hand it to him for having the energy to do these show appearances.

No kidding!

He looks as happy as ever. What a cool photo - thanks for sharing!

:applause: