• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the NEW whatifkirby.com shows dozens of Kirby pages at hires!

8 posts in this topic

From Tom Kraft, posted at Kirby-L...

After over a year of design, development and learning Drupal, a content management system, the new What if Kirby website is live. The site now runs on a database with 110 pages of Kirby art for view (much more to come). This is the result of the Jack Kirby Museum's Original Art Digital Archive program Rand and I started back in 2006. We've scanned hundreds of pages so more scans are waiting to be processed and added...over time. Here is a partial list of the new features:

1. An expanded gallery section. (as mentioned above)

In 2006, The Jack Kirby Museum, on my suggestion, started the Original Art Archive with the ambitious goal of archiving every available piece of Jack Kirby’s art. Rand Hoppe, of The Jack Kirby Museum and I have teamed up to build a digital archive of Kirby's work by scanning archival quality (600 dpi, fronts and back) comic art.

2 Remixed creations.

Part of the original WiK website, the creations section's images are all rescanned and presented in higher resolution and better quality.

3. Membership/Social Media.

WiK membership is free. Members can zoom into each piece of comic art in the museum and creations sections at 300% the original size to see extreme detail, click on "Art Zoom" on comic art detail pages. In addition, members can rate and comment on each piece of art. Each member has their own member page to track comments, their rated art and other information.

4. Kirby in Print.

See a large library of Jack Kirby reprint books and publications. You can add your review and recommends or purchase them on Amazon.com.

4. Artists.

New section on artists, their bios, signatures and photo with related gallery art for each.

Please explore the site, become a member and if you like it, donate to keep it going. Thanks, Tom Kraft