• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Walking Dead #75 Sketch Cover Thread

66 posts in this topic

Here is the infamous Ultimate Comics Variant!

I wasn't planning on getting any commissions from anyone at the baltimore show cause i was only there for a few hours but old habits die hard.

Thanks to jeBailey for making pickup arrangements for all my sketches today with photos to boot!!

So will CGC slab these backside front as the real gem is the blank back cover?

THE WALKING DEAD PIRATE GIRL

Photobucket

:cool:

There was a mini-scandal involving damaged copies, plus what you are seeing is the back cover, the actual sketch cover on the front has very little space for drawing. I, personally, didn't like the look of the artwork on the front cover, either.

In a nutshell: first prints of these blanks we're apparently all received damaged and were recalled. As a direct result a 2nd print was create to be sold instead. The "recalled" first prints then turned up on ebay being sold by the company (Ultimate Comic) despite being told that they would not be for sale. The comics were sold at a ridiculous inflation, upwards of $100 books a blank.

Totally scam and turned me off from buying the blank period. That's just shifty business practice :sumo:

Sounds scamtastic. Were the ones being sold for $100 all damaged?

I can definitely see not wanting to take a loss on the whole print run, but advertise them as damaged, mark them at cover price, and move on. Of course, I'm sure all of this has been discussed to death somewhere, so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the info. :)

I can definitely see not wanting to take a loss on the whole print run, but advertise them as damaged, mark them at cover price, and move on. Of course, I'm sure all of this has been discussed to death somewhere, so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the info. :)

This is true. I talked to the guys at the Ultimate Comics booth who swore up and down that the print run was damaged. however, they had a nice long box full of them for sale, at $50 a pop. And they originially sold them for $5 when they first came out.

This is true. I talked to the guys at the Ultimate Comics booth who swore up and down that the print run was damaged. however, they had a nice long box full of them for sale, at $50 a pop. And they originially sold them for $5 when they first came out.

:sick: boo-urns to that.

Adonis they were originally sold for $15 a pop :gossip:

There was a mini-scandal involving damaged copies, plus what you are seeing is the back cover, the actual sketch cover on the front has very little space for drawing. I, personally, didn't like the look of the artwork on the front cover, either.

So what does the front cover look like anyway?