• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 NY Comic Con Forum Dinner

What night do you want to hold the dinner?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What night do you want to hold the dinner?

27 posts in this topic

so what an you get for $20 in NYC???

:insane:

A beer and a free hotdog at "Rudy's".

:headbang:

Or we could go to Bamn! (automat restaurant) in the East Village (if it's still going).... lol

It's gone, replaced by a vietnamese sandwich place. Mark st. Sliders is there, and they are great!

Folks, just some input here -- if you're planning a dinner and you won't have a private room or semi private and you're trying to get a strong turnout, you're going to have to pony up some money. Get off the $20 idea right now. You just can't do it and have it be an organized affair. It's also hard to talk to people, interact etc., if it's just some form of organized chaos.

If you want to just get a group of buddies and walk over to something, that you can do for $20.

I'm out for organizing something like this as I'm going to do something smaller and then I've got non comic friends who I need to hang out with in NYC as well (and I'll be hitting plataforma which is, to me, about 10x better than fogo).

But my advice is, find a place now that accommodate a large group if you are serious about dinner in NYC.

I own a place The American Retro Bar and Grill on 11th Avenue between 50th and 51st Street. We just opened. We are pretty inexpensive as far as NYC standards go ($8 for a burger/sandwich. $5-6 for a good beer), and not far from Javits. We have a back room that holds about 30 or so. My problem is, I will be on my honeymoon. I already tried to reschedule. She wont budge on this one. You folks are more than welcome.

If you want a cheaper alternative, I also own a place further uptown, The Lion's Head Tavern on 109th St and Amsterdam Ave. It's divier, but it's decked out with all of my extra comic stuff. I will still be on my honeymoon though.

Just thought I'd throw those out there.