• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 NY Comic Con Forum Dinner

What night do you want to hold the dinner?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What night do you want to hold the dinner?

27 posts in this topic

Hey all... just thought I'd start a separate thread for this discussion. I don't really know my way around the area so hopefully a local will be able to take the lead on organizing this shindig.

I figured I'd also post a poll to gauge peoples' interests as well.

• Administrator
so what an you get for $20 in NYC???

:insane:

A beer and a free hotdog at "Rudy's".

:headbang:

Or we could go to Bamn! (automat restaurant) in the East Village (if it's still going).... lol

Or we could go to Bamn! (automat restaurant) in the East Village (if it's still going).... lol

Closed last year, unfortunately. The EV is full of great cheap eats, so no harm done, but I did think it was neat that they had revived the Automat concept... a shame to see it go.

A beer and a free hotdog at "Rudy's".

:headbang:

I want to go where Gemma is going :headbang:

Where was the Brazilian place some people when to a few years ago? I know a few places in the Village, but it's a hike if you are in midtown.

Churascuria Plataforma.

Expensive. Doable. This wouldn't be hard to organize if someone wants to take the lead. I'll organize if there's an overwhelming response of people who want to go. We would do it Friday night if I was in charge.

We had an office party here, it's very nice, with a private room, right in midtown. Their minimum for holding a room is only $400. They have the date available, however, they close at 10pm. Price would be reasonable and the food was decent

I'm guessing that is too early

http://www.yelp.com/biz/evergreen-shanghai-restaurant-new-york

If you're not a heavy eater, it can be done without much difficulty. Typically on days like this, I graze throughout the day so I wouldn't eat more than a chicken caesar salad or something along those lines--typically not very pricey. After a long day on my feet, heavy foods don't mix well.

Regardless, I thought it good to include the option. :)

If you're not a heavy eater, it can be done without much difficulty. Typically on days like this, I graze throughout the day so I wouldn't eat more than a chicken caesar salad or something along those lines--typically not very pricey. After a long day on my feet, heavy foods don't mix well.

That doesn't sound very manly. :baiting:

I believe that I've convinced Jon on coming to the dinner.

That doesn't sound very manly. :baiting:

I believe that I've convinced Jon on coming to the dinner.

Real men don't worry about proving their manliness... it speaks for itself :grin:

And I don't think Jon had a choice really... if we're making the trip to his backyard for some comic fun, he needs to tag long! :sumo: