• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con! Nov. 7th, 2010!

76 posts in this topic

I think the promotions department is doing a great job... a 6 page thread for a one day fl show...must be a record :applause:

I hope to do at least a moderate amount of sales at the show...I'm really looking forward to seeing what the new Braintrust has put together for its first outing.

Final tally for me is that I'm bringing ning longboxes of $3 Silver/Bronze books, and eight longboxes of dollar books from the 80s/90s. There are quite a few $10-$25 (in the Guide) type books in the $3 bins for those willing to take the time and go through them. There is nearly an entire longbox of Dell/Gold Key in the $3 bins as well, and I didn't realize how pricey some of the Turoks, Magnus, and Solars get....but again, $3 gets em. The dollar books are also not too shabby. Trust me, if you are willing to do a little digging, you'll find some good stuff in there real cheap so make sure to stop by.

Oh, and then there is the wall stuff, lots of $20-$200 type books with bronze and Copper keys, plus some Silver, and even high grade Atlas war thrown in.

Looking forward to seeing the Usual Suspects again this weekend. :applause:

And I got some extra help at my booth to boot, as Mr. Christian Slade will be setting up with me and will be available to sell and autograph his many fine books and works of art. (thumbs u

It's tomorrow! I can't remember the last time I went to a one-day comic show...I think it was in the 80's when that's all we had in our area of New Jersey....A one day show at the VFW post! This looks to be cool. Indeed, I'll be hanging at George's booth. Stop on by!

I ended up making it out, but had to do a mad dash to make it back to Tampa for a function at the kid's school at 1. I think I was there only an hour, but I managed to pick up a bunch of HCs and TPBs that I wanted at half off and got the last Joe Q MJ OMIT variant that I needed.

I didn't get a chance to go to JiveTurkeyMoFo's booth over in the front corner. The only time I was able to do a round, it was slammed with people.

Did I just miss him or was Earl Shaw not there?

You could tell who had the best deals because they had people around their tables. The people who had no one there, I'd flip one of their boxes, look at the prices, and walk away like everybody else, I guess.

I set up at show with almost no comics. I had 2 spaces with roughly 25 long boxes of trades and hard covers. I moved literally hundreds of pounds of books, thought it was a very strong show. I was the half price trades guy, all books out of order. I know a vendor in next row had trades at 20% off cover, but nice and all in order.

One day I will get myself organized. :)

I didn't get a chance to go to JiveTurkeyMoFo's booth over in the front corner. The only time I was able to do a round, it was slammed with people.

Yes sir, it was. Let's just say $3 Silver and Bronze books are very much in demand. Must've sold close to $1k worth of bin books today, I was definitely a popular guy. Sold another $800 in raw books off the wall. Had my best Tampa show by far. Ever. Big kudos for Bill, Mike, and Stephen for putting on a good first outing.

Did I just miss him or was Earl Shaw not there?

Nope, Earl wasn't there today. I probably benefited the most from not having him there.

The $3 books were great, below are what I picked up, most were in VF to VF+ condition. I picked out were

Star Wars #2-9 (1st Prints)

Logans Run #6 x3 (Thanos Solo & Early Zeck Art) :cloud9:

Superman #243

Dr. Strange Annual #1

Giant Sized Avegers #1

Giant Sized Captain America #1

Micronaughts #1

Marvel SuperAction #1

also picked up a nice 9.6/9.8 copy of Wolverine #1 off the wall for $20.

Thanks

-Dan

I set up at show with almost no comics. I had 2 spaces with roughly 25 long boxes of trades and hard covers. I moved literally hundreds of pounds of books, thought it was a very strong show. I was the half price trades guy, all books out of order. I know a vendor in next row had trades at 20% off cover, but nice and all in order.

One day I will get myself organized. :) [/quote

You did good Glen.

One day I will get myself organized. :) [/quote

You did good Glen.

If I wasn't so drained, I would've gone through your TPBs at the end of the show, as you still had some good ones left. My best show sales-wise, was also my worst show buying-wise. Maybe next time, it'll be a little more balanced.

The $3 books were great, below are what I picked up, most were in VF to VF+ condition. I picked out were

Star Wars #2-9 (1st Prints)

Logans Run #6 x3 (Thanos Solo & Early Zeck Art) :cloud9:

Superman #243

Dr. Strange Annual #1

Giant Sized Avegers #1

Giant Sized Captain America #1

Micronaughts #1

Marvel SuperAction #1

also picked up a nice 9.6/9.8 copy of Wolverine #1 off the wall for $20.

Thanks

-Dan

Man, I had no idea I was so generous. lol

Glad you enjoyed your haul. Should have more stock by February. (thumbs u

One day I will get myself organized. :)

Organization? Eh. It's overrated.

I've bought books from you this time and at the last con. I'll take the disorganization and 50% over the 20% organized any day. In fact, I just completely skip over the 20% tpbs everytime. There's no reason to even look at them when you can get them all 40% or better brand new online.