• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab Pro?

80 posts in this topic

Arcade,

Our site currently says "Order now to receive in September" and the product says "Out of Stock." I think some people are getting confused so we will change it to "Pre-order" but the availability will still say "Out of Stock."

Thank you for your business!

Finally! a case to protect my cgc case. I already put my CGC books in mylars to prevent scuffs and scratches and now there is a sweet rubber case to keep it from cracking. How susceptible is the slab pro to damage itself? I would hate for it to get scratched or chunked, do you make a case for it as well?

These guys are sooooo far behind the times. Over 5 years ago I proposed the Slab-Slab. This was a durable plastic case that would hold your slabs. You could only get it by submitting your slab directly to me. Upon receipt I would grade the condition of the slab, using a 10 point scale subdivided by .2 for grades between 10 and 9.0, .5 for grades between 9.0 and 2.0 with final grades of 1.8, 1.5, 1.0 and .5. Each slab would be encased in the Slab-Slab and labeled accordingly.

Of course, keeping with the function of the original slab that prevents you from opening or enjoying the comic's interior, each Slab-Slab would be completely black. This not only allows the owner to only see the Slab-Slab label but also provides 100% UV protection.

Needless to say, it didn't fly.

103651.jpg.74962a9259785a16b92f4d9d1bcccefa.jpg

Finally! a case to protect my cgc case. I already put my CGC books in mylars to prevent scuffs and scratches and now there is a sweet rubber case to keep it from cracking. How susceptible is the slab pro to damage itself? I would hate for it to get scratched or chunked, do you make a case for it as well?

These guys are sooooo far behind the times. Over 5 years ago I proposed the Slab-Slab. This was a durable plastic case that would hold your slabs. You could only get it by submitting your slab directly to me. Upon receipt I would grade the condition of the slab, using a 10 point scale subdivided by .2 for grades between 10 and 9.0, .5 for grades between 9.0 and 2.0 with final grades of 1.8, 1.5, 1.0 and .5. Each slab would be encased in the Slab-Slab and labeled accordingly.

Of course, keeping with the function of the original slab that prevents you from opening or enjoying the comic's interior, each Slab-Slab would be completely black. This not only allows the owner to only see the Slab-Slab label but also provides 100% UV protection.

Maybe it's because you choose the wrong colors. A Universal should be in a solid blue slab, while a Restored would be in a solid Purple, ect, ect. Hopefully, you will not make the same mistake as slab pro and include the often neglected, gone but not forgotten Red labels

Another idea might be to grade the book from a scan, reducing shipping cost.

Does your slab-slab fit into a currently designed box or might that be yet another opportunity for someone?

I went by this booth at NYCC and played with the slab protectors for a bit.

They were cool in that they had colors to match the labels so you could "accessorize" your comic books...they even had some in the "old label red" color. He also showed how the books could be stacked to much higher heights without fear of cracking the slabs, although storing books for long periods of time on their fronts/backs usually isn't recommended. He demonstrated the protection by dropping the book from a few feet up (it was a cheap demo slab, no :eek: necessary). While cool in case of an accident, I still wouldn't be likely to store by slabs in places where they'd be prone to falling like that in the first place.

The protectors can fit inside CGC boxes, but doing so means you can fit few slabs in the box due to the extra thickness.

On the downside, they are quite pricey at about $15 each and they don't have anything other than the standard modern size protectors, so no thick slabs and no magazine-sized slabs.

They did have their UV protective screens on display, though. When applied properly, it was tough to tell that the screen was on the slab unless you were looking for it. I know there were a lot of people looking for ways to display their books without them getting damaged by UV rays. Perhaps this is a good option?

Did anyone else stop by the booth? Thoughts?

I would greatly appreciate a pic of one of these in action, thanks!

Slab Pro in action

I'm going to break from the heard on this and say it looks pretty cool. (thumbs u

they look cool, BUT I wonder if anyone has brought up this question...

with the band being tight and wrapping over the breathable areas of the case

(on the sides) would that make the case air tight???

And if so, would you have any issue that the air tight safes has with trapped

moisture?

hm

Do they make slabs for it? hm

Hey everyone... I would like to start off by saying that NY Comic Con was our 1st convention

& it was amazing! It was a pleasure to finally meet all the collectors and dealers that I have been speaking to for years, new collectors and it was especially rewarding to have CGC come up to our booth. Many people expressed how their is a demand for Slab-Pro and that it is a much needed product in the industry. We received nothing but positive reviews about Slab-Pro.

RE: Peter Palmer's post

Magazine and the larger size Slab-Pros are available. Samples were made, but we didn't have enough time to get them for the Comic Con. You will be able to order them on our site shortly. The size we currently have is obviously the most common so that's why we started with that one.

We understand the concerns with pricing and that collectors have more than 1 graded comic. We have bulk pricing making each Slab-Pro much cheaper, just contact us for pricing.

RE: nerfherder-3's post

Slab-Pro does not make the cases air tight.

If anyone could recommend any other good upcoming conventions, we would love to know!

I just got my UV protectors in the mail the other day from Slab Pro.

I have not had a chance to apply them yet, but it looks very easy to do.

They also included free with my order, a yellow Slab Pro protector. (thumbs u

Thanks guys, that was very unexpected.

I do not really have a need for a lot of the protectors but, since they go on and off so easily, I could see getting few for my books on display only.

So far, a great company to deal with.

Arcade,

It's so great to hear that you liked Slab-Pro. We felt that once people saw Slab-Pro in person they would see that it does what we say it does.

Slab-Pro strives to please our customers. After all, without you, we wouldn't be here. Please check out the advertising section of the boards to see the current promotions and bulk pricing we have. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Thanks,

Slab-Pro

Good Evening,

We just wanted to post some pictures of our books with Slab-Pro and UV Protectors being displayed on our shelves and wall. We would love to hear your feedback!

Thanks,

Slab-Pro

232.jpg

227-1.jpg

228.jpg

231.jpg

219.jpg

223.jpg

224.jpg

Hey Mr. 9.8,

We've had the UV Protectors since September and now they are available for raw books as well. If you would like to try out our UV Protectors please sign up and if you purchase 1 we will give you 1 free. Just put in the comments box that you are a CGC board member. This offer applies to all board members.

Oakman29,

There's been plenty of collectors that buy our product, but have the same feelings as you. We completely understand the amount of books that collectors have. We are currently running a promotion...$7.99 for all colors. You can now mix and match colors to go with the different graded books you have.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Slab-Pro