• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mcfarlane cover getting some serious money on the bay...

117 posts in this topic

I used to hord that comic like crazy. I think I had 16 of #313 at one point. Hands down, the best cover of the run. Looks better in color, IMO. I know, I'm a heretic.

Nope that's why I mostly buy painted pieces these days.

Ah.. but that Wolverine 55 is so awesome even in black and white.

Mcfarlane on twitter said he sold it for $700 and posted the ebay sale himself...so I think it's legitimate.

McFarland would not sell a Spidey cover for $700.00. That cover is worth thousands on the open market. Why would he let it go for $700.00. He could have called anyone in the art world and sold it for a boatload of money!

Scam!!

You might be right but...

This is what McFarlane wrote on twitter tonight:

'HOW 2 MAKE MONEY: Sold a Spidey cover I did years ago for about $700. It's now on EBAY for over $55,000! Guess I should have asked $800."

and then he posted:

EXPENSIVE ART: here's an image of the cover that's going for over $55,000 on EBAY. http://bit.ly/dsRfbm TODD

If you belong to twitter...see for yourself.

http://twitter.com/Todd_McFarlane

Maybe he'll trade some McGwire baseballs to get the cover back. hm

lol

McFarlane art is uber-hot these days and I know of several collectors who grab his ASM stuff like it's life or death......While this is a nice cover, it's far from the nicest one on his run. The image of Spidey is small, there is no body shot.....None of the webbing Todd made so famous.

I think the 317 and the 312 are much better than this, but they sold for ALOT more than this is currently.

I used to hord that comic like crazy. I think I had 16 of #313 at one point. Hands down, the best cover of the run. Looks better in color, IMO. I know, I'm a heretic.

Nope that's why I mostly buy painted pieces these days.

Ah.. but that Wolverine 55 is so awesome even in black and white.

That is the best looking pen and ink piece I have. It looks much nicer than the few other pen and inks I have. I just bought my favorite bronze age cover. Weird War Tales 24. Why is it my favorite bronze cover? I love the colors used, but the actual OA is pen and ink black and white. Still a great image but not as nice as the published comic.

Mcfarlane on twitter said he sold it for $700 and posted the ebay sale himself...so I think it's legitimate.

McFarland would not sell a Spidey cover for $700.00. That cover is worth thousands on the open market. Why would he let it go for $700.00. He could have called anyone in the art world and sold it for a boatload of money!

Scam!!

I'm wondering if he sold it for $700 in '89, the date under his signature

I was offered a McFarlane Spider-man OA cover around 1989 for $600 but I :makepoint: turned my nose at it because he used to sell them cheaper in Vancouver for about $250 each. That was a nosebleed price! Krazy $$$ now.

I'm not sure if this is posted anywhere (my luck it has! lol )

http://cgi.ebay.com/TODD-MCFARLANE-AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-313-COVER-ORIGINAL-ART-/280555085306?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415262ddfa#ht_500wt_1154

Apparently he sold it for $700 and the person he sold it to is now selling it for over $50k.

Check out what he says in the sale..."I fully believe that this art will command at least $250,000 to $1,000,000 in the future." hm

It is an awesome cover in my opinion but not worth that money....

Can someone get these people a high res picture???? How many questions can be asked for the same thing???

Any predictions as to the final price?

Well, since the bidding is already more than 83 cents, I will go with "more than it's worth."

hater

More than a hater.

Too true.

By the way, nice icon and pictures.

Does it get lonely in mommy's basement?

Well, since the bidding is already more than 83 cents, I will go with "more than it's worth."

hater

More than a hater.

Too true.

Thanks (thumbs u

That's funny. I'm enjoying reading your nonsense while watching college football with my wife in our lovely home. I don't have a basement though. :P

hater

More than a hater.

Too true.

Thanks (thumbs u

That's funny. I'm enjoying reading your nonsense while watching college football with my wife in our lovely home. I don't have a basement though. :P

A Freudist would make a big deal out of your choice to describe your home as lovely, but not your wife.

But I'm not a Freudist.

hater

More than a hater.

Too true.

Thanks (thumbs u

A Freudist would make a big deal out of your choice to describe your home as lovely, but not your wife.

But I'm not a Freudist.

:applause:

Score one for the new guy.

:gossip: Sorry Diggler