• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sad situation or pathetic and brilliant marketing ploy?

19 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the seller in this auction?

Sad or Brilliant?

If this guy is seriously in this situation, then it's not funny at all and I feel for the guy.

If his situation isn't real.........then wow..........that's a ballsy and pathetic marketing ploy.

Anybody have the 411 on the situation?

Seems like a load of BS. He has some good friends that donate him comics, yet no one is around to help the poor fella ship his goods and he's working right up to the minute before he goes into surgery?

That guy needs better friends.

The most common "buy my bulk comic " auction scams:

1) My wife is making me sell!

2) Found a load of comics in the attic!

3) Helping a sick friend!

4) Don't know anything about comics!

Yo - that's an American game! And what a game it was...I was there in person in all my orange and blue glory laugh.gif Never seen so many overconfident doggies b4 the game either...so sad. wink.gif

speaking of buying when you have no money, my Mom's latest idea is to tell all her friends to use me as their official ebayer. So every week I get a new order of things to buy for her and her friends on ebay. I haven't bought anything for myself in ages (other than some shipping supplies), but suddenly I have to pay attention ot my bidding page instead of just my selling page.

Most of Mom's friends have computers, they're just too intimidated by ebay to bid on anything. Maybe I should advertise in AARP magazine about my new bidding service.

-- Joanna