• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 year old reads comic & smokes in 1959

64 posts in this topic

mickeycig.jpg

comic related! enjoying a mickey mouse comic with a cigarette. that's the april 1959 issue of mickey mouse 65

:censored::mad:

THIS IS WHY KIDS SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO READ COMICS UNTIL THEY ARE MUCH OLDER!!!! HE DOESN'T EVEN REALIZE WHAT DAMAGE THAT SMOKE HAS ON A COMIC BOOK OF THAT IMPORTANCE!!!! :pullhair:

:roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

In 50 years, we'll likely be looking back at pictures with 2 year old's talking on cellphones in the same way.

Very true.

since when are cell phones as dangerous to your health as smoking?

....just wait 20 years when everyone has brain tumors and ask me that again,...

In 50 years, we'll likely be looking back at pictures with 2 year old's talking on cellphones in the same way.

Very true.

okay. my aunt has had a cell phone since 1984. no brain tumors.

Very true.

It's been over 25 years I believe, since Motorola first came out with a cell phone....and we are doing fine so far. (shrug)

Very true.

Brain tumor! Just like they didnt know the hazards of smoking back then, we dont know the hazards of having a cell phone glued to your ear. :insane:

mickeycig.jpg

comic related! enjoying a mickey mouse comic with a cigarette. that's the april 1959 issue of mickey mouse 65

:censored::mad:

THIS IS WHY KIDS SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO READ COMICS UNTIL THEY ARE MUCH OLDER!!!! HE DOESN'T EVEN REALIZE WHAT DAMAGE THAT SMOKE HAS ON A COMIC BOOK OF THAT IMPORTANCE!!!! :pullhair:

:roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I just did a very quick Google search and couldn't find these. What's the original source?

i had to search through almost 40 pages of google images to find one picture.

(i had a few hours of free time...)

original source is life.com, type in smoking in search and refine your search to 1959

I'm pretty sure that those images were as appalling in 1959 as they are today. Unfortunately stupidity isn't an impediment to parenthood. I remember going over to a kid's house when I was in 4th grade and his braindead teenage mom sister thought it was funny to give her toddler cigarettes - a few years later I saw a young mother blow marijuana smoke in her toddlers face - amusing herself when he got high from it - my regret is that I was too young, stupid and stoned myself to object, even though I knew it was wrong.

Very true.

Provided that they survive an earlier death through inattentiveness while walking, biking, skateboarding, driving, flying....., etc.