• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some suggestions for comic related project

27 posts in this topic

Here's the deal. I would like to buy PERFECT replica's of things like Action Comic's #1, Superman #1, Spiderman #1.. and others... the thing is.. I know there are random (in the case of AC #1 which I'll reference from here on out) reprints over the years, that are close, but not completely right. They maybe just have that 50th anniv stamp in the corner, or may be off in size, etc. What I want to know, is there a place where I can buy just a damn good replica? One that looks like it is the real thing. I am not trying to pass it off as the real thing.. I just want them for my house... I have the digital copies to read, I just want them to display... they are a piece of history and I want one that looks like it is real.. I want it to look amazing.

What you're looking for are counterfeits - and they're illegal :gossip:

Hey guys, I had to follow up because this book turned out so awesome, I even convinced her to do a whole series of comic book themed blank journals (including a Walking Dead). Here are some pictures from the Superman book:

DSC04437.JPG

DSC04441.JPG

DSC04472.JPG

Thanks so much for everyone's help with this!

Anyone interested in seeing some awesome geekery (Buffy, Firefly, Dr. Who) themed hand-sewn hand-made journals check out Whitney Sorrow Books her new website, or go to her etsy site . I spent all of last week putting the website together and her books just went up on Etsy. Check em out, I am super proud of her and I think you will all love em too!

il_570xN.201288702.jpg

What I want to know, is there a place where I can buy just a damn good replica? One that looks like it is the real thing. I am not trying to pass it off as the real thing.. I just want them for my house... I have the digital copies to read, I just want them to display... they are a piece of history and I want one that looks like it is real.. I want it to look amazing.

Can anyone point me in there direction? If not, what is your next recommendation? What is the best version of some of these first variants to buy? I want the best of the best to show off (but I'm not buying the originals... I'm a fan, not a billionaire fan).

Those are cool handmade journals your wife made. (thumbs u

I just noticed your replica question...

Watch eBay for cheap Batman Masterpiece, Superman Masterpiece, and Wonder Woman Masterpiece editions. Each box set comes with a #1 Replica comic book. Also, there are some 1974 Alan Light "Flashback" replica comics with color covers and black & white interiors.

BatmanMaster.jpgSuperman_masterpiece_edn_b.JPG

P1520412.JPG

Those editions are awesome, the superman reprint project is done though, her new comic journals are taken mostly from the dollar bin at the LCS. It's working out pretty good so far though, thanks for the tip though.

I just noticed your replica question...

Watch eBay for cheap Batman Masterpiece, Superman Masterpiece, and Wonder Woman Masterpiece editions. Each box set comes with a #1 Replica comic book. Also, there are some 1974 Alan Light "Flashback" replica comics with color covers and black & white interiors.

BatmanMaster.jpgSuperman_masterpiece_edn_b.JPG

P1520412.JPG

If I were rich, I'd buy a bunch of these #1 replicas. Fold them up a bit, get some wear on them, and then throw them in with a pile of random comics at my next garage sale. With a hidden video set up, it'd make for some great laughs as people shopping think they've found an original :)

If I were rich, I'd buy a bunch of these #1 replicas. Fold them up a bit, get some wear on them, and then throw them in with a pile of random comics at my next garage sale. With a hidden video set up, it'd make for some great laughs as people shopping think they've found an original :)

:signfunny:lol

Put some marker hits on one so it comes back PLOD, then lay it flat in the bottom of an old cardboard box with Reader's Digest and People magazines on top. :ohnoez::devil:

3.jpg

:signfunny:lol

Put some marker hits on one so it comes back PLOD, then lay it flat in the bottom of an old cardboard box with Reader's Digest and People magazines on top. :ohnoez::devil:

3.jpg

lol hilarious!