• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let me jump all over this bargain

41 posts in this topic

Your bidding on ACTION COMICS JUNE 1938 No. 1. I have this ACTION COMICS in my possession for thirty years. It is beautiful colors. You would like to keep staring at it. It is nice to have and own. Well, I do not know nothing about ACTION COMICS. I just bought it from an antique auction thirty years ago and paid for it $1,000. So, you be the judge. I am starting the bid for $1,000. High bidder gets it. Sold as is no return. Ask any questions before you bid. Look at the pictures. That is the way you are going to get it. It is the only the first page and it is laminated on a wooden board and measure 13 inch by 9. 5 inches and it says on it ACTION COMICS No. 1 June 1938 10 cents. You be the judge. Look at the pictures. Good luck on bidding and happy bidding. Immediate payment is required by paypal after the auction ends.

He may legitimately have no clue what he has, Tim. Conversely, he may be full of sheet and trying to rip-off some chump. Feel free to enlighten him. His response may add to the fodder :grin:

Message sent. I dont have the polite, verbal skills some of you have but I think this was fairly consevative. I will let you know if he responds with an all out attack. lol

DR.X

"Sir, your listing for the Action #1 cover is quite innacurate. This is not an original Action #1 but a Famous First Edition Reprint cover. The size is totally different and there are other obvious differences that are found in the original Action #1. Some research can help you."

tz

I've messaged him thru ebay for several days now,explaining it's not "original" and the differences.No gold on running board,hood,fender..no extra rocks flying,no sweat from the guys head,ect,ect.... seller keeps telling me it's real.

So it has been explained to them,if they chose to "play stupid",well,it is what it is...

I've messaged him thru ebay for several days now,explaining it's not "original" and the differences.No gold on running board,hood,fender..no extra rocks flying,no sweat from the guys head,ect,ect.... seller keeps telling me it's real.

So it has been explained to them,if they chose to "play stupid",well,it is what it is...

I wish he wasnt hiding his face behind the book. Thats my biggest drawback from hitting the " BUY IT NOW". I like to know who I'm buying from. doh!

DR.X

He may legitimately have no clue what he has, Tim. Conversely, he may be full of sheet and trying to rip-off some chump. Feel free to enlighten him. His response may add to the fodder :grin:

Message sent. I dont have the polite, verbal skills some of you have but I think this was fairly consevative. I will let you know if he responds with an all out attack. lol

DR.X

"Sir, your listing for the Action #1 cover is quite innacurate. This is not an original Action #1 but a Famous First Edition Reprint cover. The size is totally different and there are other obvious differences that are found in the original Action #1. Some research can help you."

tz

He just replied to me. He really sounds sincere. :foryou:

QUOTE- ok thank you

DR.X

DR.X

tz

He just replied to me. He really sounds sincere. :foryou:

QUOTE- ok thank you

DR.X

I just got the same reply from him also.I had messaged him again after he relisted it,telling him the size was wrong.

Putting aside whether or not it's an original cover, why stick the thing to a piece of wood in the first place? (shrug)

The collectibility of something so bloody stupid would be close to non-existent!

WHY?